224 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
How many of this rumor threads turn into actual acquisitions? Gotta be like 10%, maybe less.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Here? A lot. Terrible FO.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

My mind initially turned his name into Dylan Vente. I really wanted them to sign that guy. Looks good if they can get it done.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Assuming this has some legitamacy this rumor says Schenider does not see the forward/attacker situation as settled and sufficient.

Whether they get it done or it is just a trial balloon who knows but I think Schenider is planning and looking to improve through various mechanisms.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Assuming this has some legitamacy this rumor says Schenider does not see the forward/attacker situation as settled and sufficient.

To Schneider's credit, he has already gone on record there

https://www.onceamet...en-at-the-wheel

Initially guarded and sensibly avoiding showing his hand in a way that could change conversations with agents, rivals, or his own club’s personnel, Schneider eventually broke down and stated that it is “obvious” adding to the attack would be the club’s focus this offseason.

“You know clearly where we have to improve our squad. Everybody knows sometimes we were struggling to score goals and I think we need to to strengthen our offense. Normally I’m not a guy who talks a lot about that because it’s not helpful for the club but it is too obvious where we were struggling a little bit.”

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I know nothing about this guy, but we need a mix of mid-career guys to balance out our youth, so if this is a guy we can get, fine. We were so damn young last year. We saw the quality Lewis Morgan brought; if we're not going to be signing big money guys (which, seems like we're not), then go out and try to get 4-5 players like this who are 23-28, have experience and don't cost a ton. I'd be ok with that as our plan; it just can't all be young kids & a "we'll develop them" mentality. There was a period there were we added CCJ, Carmona & some guys that just weren't ready to compete day 1. While that's fine for spots 21-25 on the roster, we need older players with experience for spots 1-19 on the roster too. Coronel was a good example of someone who could start & play at a reasonably high level from jump; I'd like to see more of that level player added. Hopefully the new scout & SD can find more players of that level. Even if Struber sucks, if we feed him lower 3rd roster talent we can't expect top 3rd results.  

It's just been very frustrating to watch us go from the Armas regime to the Struber regime without getting noticeably better talent on the field. At times we've tried, at times the players we did have were done no favors by the coaches, but...regardless of who our coach is, I'd just really like to improve the quality of the squad. Shouldn't be *too* much to ask for. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hopefully the new scout & SD can find more players of that level. Even if Struber sucks, if we feed him lower 3rd roster talent we can't expect top 3rd results.  

It's just been very frustrating to watch us to from the Armas regime to the Struber regime without getting noticeably better talent on the field. At times we've tried, at times the players we did have were done no favors by the coaches, but...regardless of who our coach is, I'd just really like to improve the quality of the squad. Shouldn't be *too* much to ask for. 

Common denominator here since the mid-2018 transfer window is Jesse's ex-teammate, Denis. Root of all of our current problems, imo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Common denominator here since the mid-2018 transfer window is Jesse's ex-teammate, Denis. Root of all of our current problems, imo. 

"THERE IS NO OFFSEASON"
no_offseason.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Denis has no power outside of signing HGs and trading GAM for draft picks that never play for the 1st team.

Hes an non useful idiot. He should not have his job, but is more symptom than cause.

It all comes back to ownership allowing him to run around, allowing de Grandpre to run around unchecked/without repercussion.

For a team that makes so many smart backroom hires on paper nothing seems to get better with how the club operates. One common denominator there.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

he would immediately be our best player on fifa

https://www.futhead..../dante-vanzeir/

https://www.futhead..../dante-vanzeir/

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Lots of articles out of Belgium about the move.

Vanzeir says he is flattered at the interest, but he is focused on his match this weekend and leaving it up to his agency to handle.

There has been no official offer to this point from RBNY.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Lots of articles out of Belgium about the move.

Vanzeir says he is flattered at the interest, but he is focused on his match this weekend and leaving it up to his agency to handle.

There has been no official offer to this point from RBNY.

I wonder how much his team will demand for a transfer. You think they will take klimala in return with a couple mil haha

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Just reading the comments from his coach, there are definitely things happening.  Whether it's us or whoever else, the coach's comments seem to lean that way. 

This would have me a bit more excited about the year.  Someone like this and Burke is reason for optimism.  

Scared of the CB position though.  Reyes gets hurt too often.  Dylan Nealis can't be playing there or we are dead.  You can live with him outside, but never inside or one of the 3 CBs in our 5 man line. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I wonder how much his team will demand for a transfer. You think they will take klimala in return with a couple mil haha

dude you just doubled the transfer price.

actually throw Klimala in as a freebie and cover some of his salary. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

dude you just doubled the transfer price.

actually throw Klimala in as a freebie and cover some of his salary. 

hahaha anything to unload him.. If they could complete the vanzeir transfer then a trio of vanzeir, burke and Manoel seams like a big upgrade. Then focus back on defense for a CB and RB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users