SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Here it is:

https://www.mlssocce...be-played-dec-8

Awesome thanks, been waiting for this to come out. Date wise it's perfect for me the entire way, couldn't have asked for much of a better schedule because I don't have really any conflictions. Now we just gotta get that far lol

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Better than last year but the second conference final game being on a Thursday is no way to reward a team for finishing higher if they can't have the decisive game for participation in the mls cup in front of a packed house on a weekend. Why couldn't they have that game on Saturday or Sunday instead of Thursday?

Agreed that it's definitely better than last year at least. I'm not gonna go look at all the NFL schedules but I get having the game on a Thursday if Atlanta/Seattle / New England are hosting if there's an NFL game that weekend but if we are hosting there is no good excuse as to why we couldn't play it on a Saturday.

I would like 1 game eliminations the entire way, shorterns the playoffs and gives the higher seeds a real advantage.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I would like 1 game eliminations the entire way, shorterns the playoffs and gives the higher seeds a real advantage.

Any way you shake it up theres always going to be criticism.

Id like them to trash the playoffs entirely. Sadly, never gonna happen.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Agreed that it's definitely better than last year at least. I'm not gonna go look at all the NFL schedules but I get having the game on a Thursday if Atlanta/Seattle / New England are hosting if there's an NFL game that weekend but if we are hosting there is no good excuse as to why we couldn't play it on a Saturday.

single game elimination like the NFL (and world cup knockout round) would be awesome.  

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Any way you shake it up theres always going to be criticism.

Id like them to trash the playoffs entirely. Sadly, never gonna happen.

Can't please everyone but at least single game eliminations would avoid the 2 week FIFA break and give the higher seeds a proper advantage.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I would love single game elimination playoffs, I've been hoping for that for years.

Not stating this as a positive or negative, but it would totally wipe out 5 or 6 seeds that get hot at the right time and make a run to the Cup. Asking a team to win 4 games in a row on the road against all good teams is a damn near impossible task in MLS. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

I would love single game elimination playoffs, I've been hoping for that for years.

Not stating this as a positive or negative, but it would totally wipe out 5 or 6 seeds that get hot at the right time and make a run to the Cup. Asking a team to win 4 games in a row on the road against all good teams is a damn near impossible task in MLS. 

It would definitely be a hard task but with some luck and penalty kicks ya never know. I like that it gives more incentive to win during the regular season to secure as many home games as possible.

They are gonna have to alter the playoffs at some point anyway with how many teams they keep adding to the league so maybe single eliminations could happen.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Single elimination with a two leg tie for conference championships. Perfect.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

According to wikipedia which is of dubious sources to begin with. The 2019 version of the playoffs will have 8 teams per conference. There will be no more byes. All rounds except for the final will be a 2 legged match. 1 v. 8, 2 v. 7, 3 v. 6, 4 v.5. in the newly created Conference Quaterfinals. Conference Semifinals would be the seeded based on who advances with the Best advancing team taking on the worst advancing team. The two middle advancing teams will take on each other. The Conference Finals would have the winners face each other and MLS Cup would be the conference champions taking on each other. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Cup

I have no clue how they would fit the extra matches but it would require teams to play 7 matches to win MLS Cup. This format would be good if the USA/Canada hosts a club world cup. Because if the MLS Cup is in the 2nd week of December. The winning team would be fresh off MLS cup to compete in the club world cup.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Before the thread is split... blue team lost last night at home to the revs. Fuck them

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

We might have had one bad result, but the blue fuckers had been in a tailspin for a while.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

We might have had one bad result, but the blue fuckers had been in a tailspin for a while.

1-4-2 in their last 7 and winless in their last 3 at the ol' ball field. They are more likely to drop to 4th than earn a first round bye at this point.  

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Blue fuckers imploding? Scum just went up on the first shot on goal 59 mins in.

Sean Johnson is so overrated.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Ends 1:1. We have now clinched at least 4th in the East, for all that's worth.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Villa ties it up after a free kick, ends 1-1 fuck em both

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users