• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Finley's a winger, no?  Although I agree Allen probably sees zero minutes.

I have no idea what anybody is doing anymore, and the sums of money that were flying around kind of blew my mind. Minnesota is just bizarre. 

Finley opposite Royer would have been very good, and I'm not surprised we were making a run for him. He really fits that role perfectly. Plus he has great speed, which we really don't have anymore. 

I hope Escobar is legit, because DP, Colin, Baah, Zizzo, and Long are not good or healthy enough at CB to deal with the top MLS teams. They are fine against most teams, but against the top five teams they will fall short. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
I hope Escobar is legit, because DP, Colin, Baah, Zizzo, and Long are not good or healthy enough at CB to deal with the top MLS teams. They are fine against most teams, but against the top five teams they will fall short.

I'd be fine with Collin/Long at the back, but Collin's not been healthy. Long has played above expectations this season, but he can't be expected to consistently be the best CB on a good MLS defense at this stage.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he was training today. looks like he'll be a full go either tmw or tues. hopefully not both, though.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

he was training today. looks like he'll be a full go either tmw or tues. hopefully not both, though.

Escobar and Duka are with the USL team in Charleston.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

Escobar and Duka are with the USL team in Charleston.

So now Escobar is doing the Murillo path, get a game or two with RB2, then up to the 1st team. I'm with it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

So now Escobar is doing the Murillo path, get a game or two with RB2, then up to the 1st team. I'm with it. 

True, learn the system in meaningless games and come in when you're settled into your role

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

True, learn the system in meaningless games and come in when you're settled into your role

good luck in grad school, JPon. 

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Thought escobar played well vs Portland despite the loss

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Portland scored when Long came in and moved Escobar out of the center.

Just sayin'.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Portland scored when Escobar decided not to mark Valeri. He was great otherwise, but that goal was on him and the ref

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Portland scored when Escobar decided not to mark Valeri. He was great otherwise, but that goal was on him and the ref

Just sayin' the timing was impeccable. Just sayin'...

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I like what I saw from him in his first game, and what he showed with his national team during the last Gold Cup. If he gets fully integrated into the team, I can see forming a tandem with Long to anchor our defense. They are both young and come the end of the year, use Collin's money to tie them up long term.

The other thought is that if Baah comes back next year fully recovered, we have a good group of young guys to play the 3 man backline. Add Murillo on the right and Lawrence on the left and that is a pretty good backline, on paper.

Cheers

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
We don't have to be married to the 3 man backline next year. Just like with this season we should be putting our best players in the field in a way that gets the most out of the entire team.

But yeah, a stable of Long, Escobar Baah and Ndam would be good. I'm concerned that Baah might be plagued by injuries for the rest of his career so I would add one more CB in the winter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users