20 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm trying to imagine how hard Titi would have laughed if a 26 year old assistant tried to give him any semblance of instruction

He probably would have laughed as hard as he did when a 58 year old Swede tried to give him instruction...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts

26?  

is this guy signed as coach or coach/player?

;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I feel like we are going see much more within RB global moves for the coming decade - either players outside the org comes in to NY, play a bit, and are evaluated by/sold to Salzburg/Leipzig, or players on outskirts of Leipzig/Salzburg come over here for change of scenery. 

I suspect coaches will be Austrian (or at least have coached at come level in Salzburg/Leipzig)  

I guess this is similar to what they have been trying to do for a bit (RZA) but I think there will be more integration and movement on the coaching end with the goal being consistency across the teams. Hopefully that doesn't leave Woly on the outs. I could see they try to shuffle him to Liefring or something as an assistant for a year.  

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I feel like we are going see much more within RB global moves for the coming decade - either players outside the org comes in to NY, play a bit, and are evaluated by/sold to Salzburg/Leipzig, or players on outskirts of Leipzig/Salzburg come over here for change of scenery. 

I suspect coaches will be Austrian (or at least have coached at come level in Salzburg/Leipzig)  

I guess this is similar to what they have been trying to do for a bit (RZA) but I think there will be more integration and movement on the coaching end with the goal being consistency across the teams. Hopefully that doesn't leave Woly on the outs. I could see they try to shuffle him to Liefring or something as an assistant for a year.  

This sounds like SYNERGY! to me.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

In order for rbny to develop their kids, they will also have to develop the skills of their coaches. Guys like woly and sekagya should benefit.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

In order for rbny to develop their kids, they will also have to develop the skills of their coaches. Guys like woly and sekagya should benefit.

Yeah I feel like those guys have been "good soldiers" for years, hopefully long serving coaching staff like them enjoy a little more loyalty than long serving players have in the last few years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users