Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

This might be a game to reward a few players but then again why disrupt rhythm

altitude. it's these western conf games against the teams that are largely ignored where Marsch has given PT to guys that aren't usually starters. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
The only problem is that dropping a bunch of points in a conference that is very top heavy could really come back to bite us in the ass in October. We end up in a one game playoff and well, you know, shit happens.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Assuming Atlanta doesn't continue to run away with it, we're definitely in mix for the Supporter's Shield about a third of the way through the season. I'm sure Jesse will rotate a few guys in but shouldn't be any total throwaway games until that changes.

Hope to see BWP and Kaku get as much time out there together as possible.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we're definitely in mix for the Supporter's Shield ...

https://www.mlssocce...shield?sort=ppg
4 teams averaging 2 points per game. We are 1 point off that pace (15/8). If Atlanta falls back to earth, we will be right in it.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
Supporters Shield would be a nice bonus but I just want a top 2 finish to avoid a play in game.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
This is the start of a pretty rough stretch, I just realized. 4 out of our next 5 on the road.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Some tough match ups coming up and a lot of road games. Colorado is not one of the better teams and despite this game being on the road we should target the 3 points in this one. Altitude might not let us press for the whole game but that might be better as Colorado have a hard time scoring goals and breaking teams down. Might want to try to sit a little more and force them to create their own opportunities. As for lineup, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sub in Etienne and/or Muyl earlier into the game to bring some more speed into the game. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Supporters Shield would be a nice bonus but I just want a top 2 finish to avoid a play in game.

the Shield? Does that count for anything? SMH.

MLS CUP OR BUST!!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

the Shield? Does that count for anything? SMH.

MLS CUP OR BUST!!!!

This is the one season where the Shield means very little because it doesn't get you into CL. Just means you are guaranteed to host MLS Cup if you reach it.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but Royer isn't in his top form and maybe he just needs to rest a match. Maybe let Etienne or Muyl start. And if anything have Royer come off the bench... It could also be seen as a positive that NYRB has won despite Royer not at his best cuz it can only get better if BWP, Kaku and Dani are at their best at the same time
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Etienne has played himself into more minutes just like Valot had done earlier in the season.

Always tricky going to Colorado because of the altitude. Also of the belief to play the WC guys leaving as much as possible before they are off for a month or so.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

------------Etienne

-----Davis---Kaku----Valot

----------------Adams

Kemar--Parker--Long--Escobar---Murillo

------------------Robles

BWP and Royer on at 60' if we're in need of some goals

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but Royer isn't in his top form and maybe he just needs to rest a match. Maybe let Etienne or Muyl start. And if anything have Royer come off the bench... It could also be seen as a positive that NYRB has won despite Royer not at his best cuz it can only get better if BWP, Kaku and Dani are at their best at the same time

Agree - I would give him a rest maybe skip the trip and play DE instead

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Agree on Royer.  Thought he was the worst of the front 4 last game.

Royer has always looked his best in that 3-3-3-1.  Not as good in the 4-2-3-1 when he's pushed a bit farther wide.  Puts him in more space and while he has solid mobility, his mobility isn't amazing.

As for the SS, I'm always going to root for trophies.  But the main thing is getting home field over anyone in the west.  That final being a home game would be amazing.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It's why winning the Shield is important, if you're good enough, you can host the final. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users