Will any preseason games be televised or streamed?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Has anybody found out the schedule for preseason? Will any games be be televised or streamed?

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
In the past, rbny used to stream it on the website. Hopefully, this is done again and give the fan base some notice.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I would assume we get a game or two live-streamed as in the past but they will keep a lot of it closed door

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Since it will be later into the calendar year and  warmer outside for the preseason. Does anybody think they may host a preseason game at RBA with fans. To test out how it will work this season with the covid measures in place.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
They are hosting one preseason game in April at rba opponent tba. Will play 4 games in Florida while at IMG and one game at Red Bull training facility.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

They announced today that they will host a game at RBA on 4/10, but they specified it's "closed-door".

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

I guess the team doesnt like or care to make some income. I guess opening the stadium at 15% costs more than what ever revenues they would receive from tickets and concessions. This team doesnt care if anybody attends. They are using the team as a way to generate talent in the NYC area which has some of the best youth soccer in the United States. We will always be looked at as a farm team. Unless someone spends hundreds of millions over value, RB will never sell as long as the talent keeps coming through.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

I guess the team doesnt like or care to make some income. I guess opening the stadium at 15% costs more than what ever revenues they would receive from tickets and concessions. This team doesnt care if anybody attends. They are using the team as a way to generate talent in the NYC area which has some of the best youth soccer in the United States. We will always be looked at as a farm team. Unless someone spends hundreds of millions over value, RB will never sell as long as the talent keeps coming through.

Damn thats a little harsh just because they are having closed preseason matches

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Letting people in for a pre-season game isn't gonna get new fans, people barely go to open cup games, they would absolutely lose money when maybe 200 people show up because most people don't give two shits about pre-season games.

You're just being ridiculous and bitching and moaning cause you want to be let in.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Letting people in for a pre-season game isn't gonna get new fans, people barely go to open cup games, they would absolutely lose money when maybe 200 people show up because most people don't give two shits about pre-season games.

You're just being ridiculous and bitching and moaning cause you want to be let in.

Why wouldn't this team not want to test the procedures of reopening the stadium in this covid-19 environment. Its just silly. When they have problems on April 17th or April 24th, half of you will be bitching and moaning here on metrofanatic.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

To me a preseason game is not meaningless. It gives the coach room to see which veteran and new players meet his goals for the season.Watching a preseason game from a fan perspective can give you a sense of how the team will do.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Why wouldn't this team not want to test the procedures of reopening the stadium in this covid-19 environment. Its just silly. When they have problems on April 17th or April 24th, half of you will be bitching and moaning here on metrofanatic.

Because the procedures aren't rocket science and it's an absolute waste of money to test those procedures out for what probably wouldn't even be 500 fans.

The Devils, Rangers, Knicks, Nets etc etc etc all opened up without a real test run and did just fine.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

To me a preseason game is not meaningless. It gives the coach room to see which veteran and new players meet his goals for the season.Watching a preseason game from a fan perspective can give you a sense of how the team will do.

I'm not saying they are completely meaningless from a coaches perspective but from a fans perspective of having to attend and actually pay for tickets I'll pass every time. I absolutely hate that I have to pay for 3 shitty pre-season games for the Devils every year. It's half a real lineup, it's not exciting. I'd love to opt out of having to pay for them and I love not having to pay for Red Bulls ones since they normally never have them here.

I certainly don't consider myself a casual fan of the Devils and Red Bulls but I just don't care about the pre-season for either. Wake me up when it's time to play games that count.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Pretty sure they will all be on Peacock Ultra Premium or HBO PPV.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Pretty sure they will all be on Peacock Ultra Premium or HBO PPV.

DAZN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users