I smell the ghost of Kaka.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

The team goes to Mexico after this right? Do we see a first team lineup?

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

The team goes to Mexico after this right? Do we see a first team lineup?

No way. Full reserve squad + robles with a huge match under a week away.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No way. Full reserve squad + robles with a huge match under a week away.

Definitely a modified lineup, but at this point what's first team and what's reserve? BWP, Royer, Adams, Lawrence, Long, Parker, and Robles only guys I'd classify as first team only selections. Kaku should be there, but still being integrated. Everyone else still competing for positions. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

The Chivas game is shortly after this one but we don't have a an MLS game the following weekend due to the Houston game being rescheduled so we can definitely see some guys play in both games. Still I'd expect to see some rotation. 

I'd expect Rivas up top and BWP on the bench. 

Back line of Lade - Collin - Escobar - Duncan. 

Midfield will have more question marks of which way Jesse will go. 

Still Orlando is a team that has struggled mightily to start and Kreis and co are under a lot of pressure to get results. This is a good opportunity to get a result on the road and further bury a conference opponent. There are definitely points for the taking here. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Does anyone else find it ironic that after all the Dax to Orlando rumors, we traded him to Chicago, and Sacha to Orlando?

Also, I really want us to destroy Orlando. Pundits were licking Kreis balls in the off-season, but I want everyone to realize he is really overrated and put together a mediocre team.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Do we have anyone out on yellow cards for Chivas?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Do we have anyone out on yellow cards for Chivas?

I think we are at full strength for this one but a bunch of players one card away from being out on the home leg.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I think we are at full strength for this one but a bunch of players one card away from being out on the home leg.

And what about Chivas?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I think based on the early returns on the Sacha trade both teams lost (I know as a team we are better but so far it looks like we got back trash and gave up funny money as well).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
We did something stupid by doing Sacha a favor and taking a lesser offer. Being nice with things like that usually doesn't pay off.

That said, Rivas and Redding are young and being rebuilt by actual good coaches so who knows.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I think based on the early returns on the Sacha trade both teams lost (I know as a team we are better but so far it looks like we got back trash and gave up funny money as well).

We did something stupid by doing Sacha a favor and taking a lesser offer. Being nice with things like that usually doesn't pay off.

That said, Rivas and Redding are young and being rebuilt by actual good coaches so who knows.

Rivas looked good on the wing in the Portland game after BWP subbed on in the Portland match.  Maybe he ends up playing better there than as a #9.  He may not play enough defense to pay there regularly for Marsch (I don't think Portland forced him into having to do too much).

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
I think him playing better on the wing was just coincidence. The game opened up and he seems to have pretty good cardio for a big man.

His skills don't scream that he'd be a good wing player. Not great vision, not the best passer. I think he's definitely best as a 9. Just about getting his head right. Sometimes he seems ok to be out there and plays as a passenger rather than imposing his will. I'm more down on Redding after watching him in a couple games than I am Rivas. Rivas has things there. Just really need to re-wire his head.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Saturday at 1pm for Orlando 

Wednesday at Chivas 9pm 

Based on that I can see us going with the backups like the Portland match, although they've all been playing so well I still would expect a draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users