• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MetroBullDC

MetroBullDC

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach and hating on DC.
  • Supports:NYRB/Arsenal

http://www.behance.n...53/MLS-Concepts

Saw this on Reddit this morning and thought there were some awesome designs, especially the RBNY one!

RFK Stadium is a tad closer than I would like.

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

The Atlanta one should obviously be our kit....smh

As long as im breathing....

MetroBullDC

MetroBullDC

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

The Atlanta one should obviously be our kit....smh

If only..

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Our design is putrid.  Not even the branding...the design of the bulls on the shoulders wrapping all the way around would look horrid from the back and way too busy already along the shoulders.  Do not like.

#RedBullOut

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

I wonder if Red Bull will ever market the actual team instead of their horrible energy drink. I'd even take YANMAR across our Jerseys if it meant placing the Red bull logo somewhere else on the jersey perhaps even faded back. I'd also love it if we just dropped the Red Bulls name maybe just go by New York SC or crap they should just call us Metro....

As long as im breathing....

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, USMNT

As long as Red Bull owns the team they will be marketed as such.  I think the best we could hope for is that corporate allowed more leeway with the shirt colors / patterns, if not the logos. Perhaps go to a red away shirt like in 2006, or the red and black metro stripes.  I also would prefer to follow RB Liepzig's design where the main front of shirt logo is smaller than our current one. RBL's third jersey, blue at the top transitioning to red, was very cool in my opinion: http://www.redbullsh...M#.Vcybs3zVifU.

As long as we're Red Bull, there will be no New York SC (too close to NYCFC). If there was ever another rebrand it really would have to be to Metro. Red Bull Metro would be a nice nod to the NJ fanbase. 

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

As long as Red Bull owns the team they will be marketed as such.  I think the best we could hope for is that corporate allowed more leeway with the shirt colors / patterns, if not the logos. Perhaps go to a red away shirt like in 2006, or the red and black metro stripes.  I also would prefer to follow RB Liepzig's design where the main front of shirt logo is smaller than our current one. RBL's third jersey, blue at the top transitioning to red, was very cool in my opinion: http://www.redbullsh...M#.Vcybs3zVifU.

As long as we're Red Bull, there will be no New York SC (too close to NYCFC). If there was ever another rebrand it really would have to be to Metro. Red Bull Metro would be a nice nod to the NJ fanbase. 

I agree. I think RB log splattered all over in the middle has always been overkill. It literally goes to the sides.  No sponsor I think in the world is that large.  That third of Leipzig's kit looks a bit like Barca's third as well doesn't it?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Again, if we well and truly are being treated as a standalone, then RB should just let go and let us have our own distinctive look.  I'd be a lot more amenable to RB ownership if they got the fuck out of the way, cut the checks, let the locals market the team as it's own and let us bring back the stripes.

That would be the polar opposite of how the team has been run.

#RedBullOut

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

The name/ownership is what bothers me.

But as far as a sponsor, personal preference but I'd rather have Red Bull as our sponsor than any of the others out there. Especially Bimbo, Etihad Airways, and Quaker. Granted, my opinion of Red Bull has changed over the course of the past few years but if the logo was the size of how it was in 2006 across the chest and the kits were red and black and we had a different name and owner, I'd be happy.

2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

McSoccer

McSoccer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I also would prefer to follow RB Liepzig's design where the main front of shirt logo is smaller than our current one.

I think their logo is smaller because the Bundesliga has rules limiting the size of kit advertisers. And uess you're grandfathered in like Bayer, teams can it be named after businesses there either. Technically, the RB doesn't stand for Red Bull it stands for something like "lawn ball" in German.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Barca, Millonarios, AFC A2

The red bulls one sucks imo.

You're a fucking monkey.
QUOTE (NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

MetroBullDC

MetroBullDC

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

The red bulls one sucks imo.

It's definitely not the greatest but I do like that it's different from what we've mostly had for so long. Like posted above, I wish the Atlanta design was ours, those stripes belong to Metro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users