60 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

GSU has legit 3 rows of people and the rest are tourists. Honestly, move them already. I know it's not feasible, but they should sit next to the away supporters and try to drown them out. They like antagonizing people anyway, they'd actually serve a purpose over there.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,091 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It should be up to GSU to decide whether they want to move or not. 

IDK if they are considering it, but I doubt that they would want to be in the upper deck. 

Several years ago, some moved to the north side for a game or two, but returned.

I'd prefer for the leadership of all 3 SGs to get together and work things out.

There really should not be animosity among the SGs.  Disagreeing is one thing, enmity another.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Every road game you notice a trend... No Spanish. We have to bite our tongues for the good of the club for a decent road showing and they get away with going rogue in the SW.

No more putting on a front here. Send 'em packing and there will be no love lost from me.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

It should be up to GSU to decide whether they want to move or not. 
IDK if they are considering it, but I doubt that they would want to be in the upper deck. 
Several years ago, some moved to the north side for a game or two, but returned.
I'd prefer for the leadership of all 3 SGs to get together and work things out.
There really should not be animosity among the SGs.  Disagreeing is one thing, enmity another.

The problem is that one group absolutely refuses to work with the other groups and in fact seems to get off on it. I'm friends with people in that group and even hang out at their pub but it's just ridiculous at this point. Going to games these days isn't fun anymore and this nonsense is a major reason why.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
When everyone is singing different songs at the same time and you add in different drum beats at the same time it sounds like absolute shit.

I've become very sick of it as well.

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

The sad part  of all this is that it is not very hard to compromise here.

#RedBullOut - www.redbullout.com

rhactl7

rhactl7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Why was GSU doing different stuff the entire game though?. I know they never do the Spanish songs but they usually do the main songs with everyone else. They were doing same chants as everyone else just at different times on purpose? I don't get why.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts

Who cares?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts

Who cares?

People who don't want RBA to sound like fucking shit?

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Yeah - I care. I'm honestly tired of these people. They need to be DELETED!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,516 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

seriously, this isn't the first time this has happened. you're kidding yourself if you think it is.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

seriously, this isn't the first time this has happened. you're kidding yourself if you think it is.

In my 3 full years of being a STH and 5th year going to games, I'd argue it's the worst it has been in that short time.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,516 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

right. that's purely based on your experiences. there are others who've had to deal with this for much longer and are not surprised this has happened AGAIN. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

right. that's purely based on your experiences. there are others who've had to deal with this for much longer and are not surprised this has happened AGAIN. 

Okay, but you recognize that if this is the worst it has been since the turn of the decade and many people were not fans before then, then they are going to speak out on this issue and be annoyed by it? Because that is what is happening here. Talk to me in 5 years and if it happens again, maybe I can say the same thing as you.

The fact that you are not surprised it  has happened again is further proof something needs to be done. A group of 30-40 people shouldn't be ruining things for everyone else. Ignoring it isn't possible. I sit in 101 near the aisle, and just looking at these people annoys me. I can hear them ruining things, I can see them ruining things, and it's ruining my experience - and that is not fair. I do not know what is going on behind the scenes. If the democracy has run its course and the vast majority of people are OK doing something, then everyone else should get in line. I do not speak Spanish. I do not care for the Spanish chants. They could go away tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me one bit. But, I let them run their course like a normal person should. I get ESC is not the best, because they aren't. You've got a hypocritical capo who says get in line at home games, but does not practice what he preaches on road games. So, is it possible those in charge aren't playing nice behind the scenes? Absolutely - would not shock me one bit. Honestly, not a clue what the problem really is between the groups. It must be personal at this point. If it was something stupid like GSU asking to do less Spanish and us refusing, that is ridiculous. If GSU was mad ESC wants to do the same thing in order every single game, I could get behind that argument because it is dumb to do everything in order every single week. But honestly, I'm tired of coming to soccer games and having political agendas shoved down my throat. Tired of petty power struggles between groups and within groups themselves. Tired of people more vested in their own interests than the groups interest.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

For those that say they can't hear GSU....You probably sit near the front and towards the VA side. Sit 10 rows back towards the GSU side and you'll see why things are a mess.

It's easy to say ignore the other group, but when every chant/song gets out of sync and people give up and just stand their quietly, half the fun is gone. If I just wanted to watch a game I'd watch it at home or sit in a 'normal' seat. The atmosphere is half the fun and right now it totally sucks.

How am I fixing the situation? I sing as loud as I can and bitch about GSU online. It's not much, you've got me there. Hopefully someone more ambitious and influential feels the same way and can make things happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users