60 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Yea I don't understand it either. Surely there has to be some reason? Idk why GSU would want to sing different songs than the rest of the supporters. We're all supporting the same team. Hopefully the guys can figure something out before playoffs.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,875 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The leadership of all 3 SGs need to sit down and talk this out. 

Problems have occurred previously, and always been resolved.

Usually, the SGs all get along on road trips.

Unfortunately, VA & GSU were not in Toronto. 

In the meantime, everyone needs to take a deep breath.

Disputes between neighbors can turn ugly.

We don't need the SW equivalent of spite fences.

I wish that things could be resolved before kickoff.

Things aren't going to be discussed during the game.

There's only one regular season home game left.

From what I've heard, discord will continue, but

there should be unity during the road trip to Chester.

Let's hope that unity continues into the playoffs.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Unity on the road just means gsu leads and others follow. Since everyone seems to like that kind of unity, might as well let them lead the south ward...

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#RedBullOUT

rhactl7

rhactl7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Couldn't care less about who is leading it, as long as everyone on the same page. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,875 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

You may have a point, Goran.  It looks like GSU waits for ESC to start a chant, then does something different.

How about ESC capos wait, then follow GSU at the next match!

What will their response be?  Stop?  Change tunes in mid-stream?  Change the beat? Keep going?

Ought to be fun!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Unity on the road just means gsu leads and others follow. Since everyone seems to like that kind of unity, might as well let them lead the south ward...

I don't understand why this is the case.

When I read that there will be unity on the road, that just means ESC will allow itself to be cucked in Philly, for whatever reason.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

which capo are you referring to? quite a few in this pic. and one of the drummers.

CtveN6rXYAEJRHg.jpg

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

seriously, this isn't the first time this has happened. you're kidding yourself if you think it is.

I'll definitely agree with the others that it's gotten way worse then it has been in a very long time, now I'm not shocked by it cause we have been down this road before but I find it very frustrating. Without the casual fans who join in with them cause they happen to be sitting there it really is around 50 people max per game for gsu and that's being generous.

I have no idea why they are allowed to lead on road games. I've seen them and their capos flip us off and do mock where is your famous esc chants directed towards us and this is all just since the Champions League game.

They want to start issues and I think esc and Viking army should take the proper steps with the front office to get rid of them if there is a chance to do so. The two larger groups shouldn't be controlled and ruined by the smallest group. Gsu should already be on thin ice as it is with all the broken chairs. I'm sure the front office wouldn't mind getting rid of them at this point. It's a shame ESC was too nice to them back in the Giants stadium days. They should have been squashed then.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

I'll definitely agree with the others that it's gotten way worse then it has been in a very long time, now I'm not shocked by it cause we have been down this road before but I find it very frustrating. Without the casual fans who join in with them cause they happen to be sitting there it really is around 50 people max per game for gsu and that's being generous.

I have no idea why they are allowed to lead on road games. I've seen them and their capos flip us off and do mock where is your famous esc chants directed towards us and this is all just since the Champions League game.

They want to start issues and I think esc and Viking army should take the proper steps with the front office to get rid of them if there is a chance to do so. The two larger groups shouldn't be controlled and ruined by the smallest group. Gsu should already be on thin ice as it is with all the broken chairs. I'm sure the front office wouldn't mind getting rid of them at this point. It's a shame ESC was too nice to them back in the Giants stadium days. They should have been squashed then.

If you read the discussion on FB, you will see animosity between regular paying members and the elected board members. The 'elites' think we are just complainers who should just sing louder and stop bitching. They are very out of touch.

rhactl7

rhactl7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

I know GSU has always had problems with the other groups but something significant must have happened in the past month or so to make them do what they are doing now. Now isn't the time for a fight. The other groups should just be the bigger man, apologize and try to make amends (even if they believe GSU are wrong). Then deal with it during off season. Idk what goes on behind the scenes but thats just my 2 cents.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I know GSU has always had problems with the other groups but something significant must have happened in the past month or so to make them do what they are doing now. Now isn't the time for a fight. The other groups should just be the bigger man, apologize and try to make amends (even if they believe GSU are wrong). Then deal with it during off season. Idk what goes on behind the scenes but thats just my 2 cents.

Why apologize if they didn't do anything wrong? That's not being the bigger man, that's being a sucker.

rhactl7

rhactl7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Why apologize if they didn't do anything wrong? That's not being the bigger man, that's being a sucker.

So the South Ward sounds as good as it can good for playoffs...

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

So the South Ward sounds as good as it can good for playoffs...

On one hand, we have the league's oldest SG (ESC) with the largest membership for RBNY. There is also VA, which has significant membership and generally cooperates in tifos and songs with ESC.

Then we have GSU, who has about 30 people at the game and does not cooperate with songs and tifos that the other two [larger] groups are doing.

GSU is a bug that needs to be stepped on.

No more of this nonsense.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

The problem is many ESC members (and non-members) are not happy right now, and when they complain, those in charge just tell them to zip it. That's not good enough at all. At the very least, members deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes to fix the issue. If nothing is done, then nothing will improve and complaints won't stop.  I would not be shocked if a physical altercation occurs at some point if this keeps up.

rhactl7

rhactl7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

On one hand, we have the league's oldest SG (ESC) with the largest membership for RBNY. There is also VA, which has significant membership and generally cooperates in tifos and songs with ESC.

Then we have GSU, who has about 30 people at the game and does not cooperate with songs and tifos that the other two [larger] groups are doing.

GSU is a bug that needs to be stepped on.

No more of this nonsense.

I agree. If they try to do that now though, it will probably turn into a shit show. Thats why i'm saying it should be pushed off until off season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users