13 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Not a target for us but thought it was worth mentioning that Buska from NE looks like he might be sold to an Italian team for twice what NE paid. You have to figure Thelwell is salivating at that sort of news given Klimala is (hopefully) following a similar path. Expensive Polish striker struggles a bit year one, breaks out year two on the way to some silverware, gets flipped for a nice profit.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Not a target for us but thought it was worth mentioning that Buska from NE looks like he might be sold to an Italian team for twice what NE paid. You have to figure Thelwell is salivating at that sort of news given Klimala is (hopefully) following a similar path. Expensive Polish striker struggles a bit year one, breaks out year two on the way to some silverware, gets flipped for a nice profit.

Pisa buying a target striker, can we buy Lorenzo Lucca now?

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

.... You have to figure Thelwell is salivating at that sort of news given Klimala is (hopefully) following a similar path. Expensive Polish striker struggles a bit year one, breaks out year two on the way to some silverware, gets flipped for a nice profit.

Whether its the right way to view NY or not, I feel like if one or two of Thelwell's imports can be sold for a profit, Daddy RB will be more willing to loosen the purse strings. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I really do think Klimala will be impressive this season. He just needs someone in the middle getting him the ball. We need a #10 to truly evaluate but I can see him being a player like BWP in the sense that he gets lots of shots and doesn't finish some easy ones but gets enough in the net that we are happy.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

i had this thought as well. Buksa only had 6 goals and 2 assists in his first MLS season. His 2nd season he put up 16 goals. Hopefully Klimala is more acclimated this season and follows a similar path. 

of course Buksa had Gil and Bou setting him up. We need some players like that. 

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

I really do think Klimala will be impressive this season. He just needs someone in the middle getting him the ball. We need a #10 to truly evaluate but I can see him being a player like BWP in the sense that he gets lots of shots and doesn't finish some easy ones but gets enough in the net that we are happy.

that #10 is going to be very important for klimala. omir fernandez, wiki and casseres are all nice depth/role players, but that's not enough to help Klimala become better.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

that #10 is going to be very important for klimala. omir fernandez, wiki and casseres are all nice depth/role players, but that's not enough to help Klimala become better.

If they play a 4-2-3-1 Im comfortable with one of those 3 non ST attackers being a roving band of the young guys. In the 3-4-2-1, that other attacker next to Morgan needs to be upgraded. Ideally with a DP.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

If they play a 4-2-3-1 Im comfortable with one of those 3 non ST attackers being a roving band of the young guys. In the 3-4-2-1, that other attacker next to Morgan needs to be upgraded. Ideally with a DP.

Yep. Even taxiarchis would be a huge upgrade for us in the 3-4-2-1 formation

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Przemyslaw Frankowski is another Pole attacker that was sold out of MLS to Lens and is killing it over there. Probably already worth double what Lens paid. The precedent is there. Klimala would have to put up at least 15 goals and maybe another 5+ assists to get near the $5MM value that RBNY paid. Buksa's value is inflated because of his national team callups. For RBNY to turn a profit, he probably needs to at least get a shout with the national team (likely after Qatar'22).

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Whether its the right way to view NY or not, I feel like if one or two of Thelwell's imports can be sold for a profit, Daddy RB will be more willing to loosen the purse strings. 

that is the Salzburg mode if you can be profitable selling you will have more to spend

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Przemyslaw Frankowski is another Pole attacker that was sold out of MLS to Lens and is killing it over there. Probably already worth double what Lens paid. The precedent is there. Klimala would have to put up at least 15 goals and maybe another 5+ assists to get near the $5MM value that RBNY paid. Buksa's value is inflated because of his national team callups. For RBNY to turn a profit, he probably needs to at least get a shout with the national team (likely after Qatar'22).

this is a good example. I barely remember this guy from those bad Chicago teams.  Precedent is there.

Issue is the $5M transfer fee paid to Celtic.  Makes it much harder to transfer for profit.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Here's hoping. He' still young and can improve a lot. There were plenty of positive signs in his first season, especially in terms of movement, but there was also mediocre finishing occasionally (I'm being kind here) and ponderous decision-making at times. Sure, the whole team would be better if there are better players in certain positions, and Klimala will score more if given more chances (hashtag analysis!) but I think there are plenty of question marks anyway.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Let's hope he improves enough to be worth close to what we paid.     I can't imagine him ever being worth a profit big enough to make it worth actually selling him on.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

given how his statistical profile looks if he ever finishes at just an average rate some data analyst will have their team buy him.  I'm pretty confident we can breakeven on him at some point if not make profit.  Everyone is looking for diamond in the rough forwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users