38 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Actually  they did kinda ruin Terrance Boyd’s career if I remember right. Omer Damari is like in his early 30’s and coaches a u17 Israeli team so maybe him too. From those lower division Red Bull teams especially the 2nd-4th tier days yeah I can probably find a few more examples.

Good luck finding many teams that don't havve examples like that. The meaningful question is wether number of players felt that way to the dont Salzburg and Leipzig developed reputations.  

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Lol that guy… he’s a favorite for rbny anti geriatric shield mentality Twitter so I’m going to have to pass on that advice. 

ps: Mls has various actually a lot of guys historically and currently  specifically Argentines  in their early to mid 30’s that dominate week in and week out.

"I don't like what the data says so I'm going to choose to ignore it.'

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Metro

"I don't like what the data says so I'm going to choose to ignore it.'

Nah it’s just not right especially when geriatric  Sebastian Blanco with injuries would’ve been our best player last year. Let’s add Maxi Moralez to that list as well. 

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Good luck finding many teams that don't havve examples like that. The meaningful question is wether number of players felt that way to the dont Salzburg and Leipzig developed reputations.  

Yeah but the conversation was finding examples in the Red Bull teams not other clubs. I found some probably could find more but overall yes the Red Bull teams other than New York have a pretty solid reputation even the team down in Brazil. We’re just the imitation product that went to the misfit bin.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Yeah but the conversation was finding examples in the Red Bull teams not other clubs. I found some probably could find more but overall yes the Red Bull teams other than New York have a pretty solid reputation even the team down in Brazil. We’re just the imitation product that went to the misfit bin.

Incorrect. The conversation was,

"And do you think the majority of those players left Leipzig thinking, 'wow, they ran me into the ground and my career suffered for it'?"

One or two is not a majority.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

"And do you think the majority of those players left Leipzig thinking, 'wow, they ran me into the ground and my career suffered for it'?"

That doesn’t describe other teams? Idk what you’re trying to prove? If anything we’re both not speaking the same tune so I’ll end the convo here.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Our system offers very young players an opportunity to get minutes they wouldn't elsewhere,and kick start their careers. 17-year-olds aren't giving any thought to where their legs will be 10 years down the road.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Our system offers very young players an opportunity to get minutes they wouldn't elsewhere,and kick start their careers. 17-year-olds aren't giving any thought to where their legs will be 10 years down the road.

You can also look at Philly which follows a similar path to ours.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

What is your point? High intensity = more physical activity = more injury.... that's not a hot take, that's common knowledge. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

What is your point? High intensity = more physical activity = more injury.... that's not a hot take, that's common knowledge. 

Have we really had more injuries than any other team since 2015? I understand not wanting to play in this system as a players nears their 30s, but not sure our style really hinders players futures.

Adams, Muyl, & Etienne are all examples that basically played in this system since their RBNY2 days, moved on to different teams, and seem none the worse for having played here.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

The point is that there's not any real evidence it's making it difficult to recruit. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

The point is that there's not any real evidence it's making it difficult to recruit. 

Maybe not difficult to recruit 17yo, but maybe makes it tougher to retain 27yo starters.... 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal
Man we really need Thelwell to make a signing official soon. We are just making up problems to complain about in half of these threads.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Maybe not difficult to recruit 17yo, but maybe makes it tougher to retain 27yo starters.... 

Who are the 27-year-old starters we've had difficulty retaining besides Davis? What about Leipzig and Salzburg? "A much better team came calling" doesn't count. We're talking about lateral-ish moves.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The key word is maybe. We dont know why Davis left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users