732 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Slightly emptier red bull arena says less than a paper bag protest by the fans that haven't yet been alienated!

I wouldn't think a paperbag protest is warranted. I'm not embarrassed by the play on the field (over the year). I'm embarrassed by the commitment of ownership. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Paper bags can express many different forms of embarrassment. All that "forehead" real estate for Sharpie statements...

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Gotham keeps selling bits of the team:
https://www.gothamfc...le/show/1234860

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would totally be fine with Gotham FC having a women's and men's professional team that plays at RBA. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Would totally be fine with Gotham FC having a women's and men's professional team that plays at RBA. 

History aside, Gotham is a cooler name than Metro.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Wow, Eli Manning purchased Gotham FC.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Wow, Eli Manning purchased Gotham FC.

A little bit. Along with several others.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They have a way more diverse ownership group, with more than a few of them are locally based. I just wonder what is the level of $$ investment from each party, from the Founding Owners to the Operating Owners to the Strategic Investors.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I'm pretty sure this thread is not the right thread, but the subject matter may apply. I just got off the phone with a Renewals Rep and was candid that the fact that RedBull Corporate is unwilling to invest into marquee players, since Henry, is a strong factor for my lack of commitment to renew. They argued, well if Corporate would see a packed stadium, they would invest into marquee players. I counter-argued, perhaps the lack of people at RBA would persuade Corporate to sell off. 

The Rep goes on to argue that RB Corporate has made investments to Leipzig, and I cut him off, with a simple Leipzig is not in MLS. If RB Corporate is not invested into MLS then why still be owner's of our Team? Look at recent examples of LAFC, Atlanta United, TFC, and/or LA Galaxy, purchasing young BOTH European and South American players THAT CAN BE SOLD BACK TO EUROPEAN TEAMS!!!!! If anything that should be a selling point to actually get talent to our Team! Yet, simply because we are within the playoff hunt, that makes more than enough status-quo. FUCK THAT SHIT. Who gives a fuck if we have made the playoffs for the past 10+ seasons? Guess what, how many MLS Cups do we have from those playoff runs? ZERO!!!!!

Apologize for the rant but I just needed to get this conversation off my chest. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'm pretty sure this thread is not the right thread, but the subject matter may apply. I just got off the phone with a Renewals Rep and was candid that the fact that RedBull Corporate is unwilling to invest into marquee players, since Henry, is a strong factor for my lack of commitment to renew. They argued, well if Corporate would see a packed stadium, they would invest into marquee players. I counter-argued, perhaps the lack of people at RBA would persuade Corporate to sell off. 

The Rep goes on to argue that RB Corporate has made investments to Leipzig, and I cut him off, with a simple Leipzig is not in MLS. If RB Corporate is not invested into MLS then why still be owner's of our Team? Look at recent examples of LAFC, Atlanta United, TFC, and/or LA Galaxy, purchasing young BOTH European and South American players THAT CAN BE SOLD BACK TO EUROPEAN TEAMS!!!!! If anything that should be a selling point to actually get talent to our Team! Yet, simply because we are within the playoff hunt, that makes more than enough status-quo. FUCK THAT SHIT. Who gives a fuck if we have made the playoffs for the past 10+ seasons? Guess what, how many MLS Cups do we have from those playoff runs? ZERO!!!!!

Apologize for the rant but I just needed to get this conversation off my chest. 

I do feel bad for these reps cause the hours and the pay suck as it is and then you have to try to hard sell a mediocre product.

That being said he absolutely went the wrong way about trying to keep you on board. A packed stadium and the owners putting money into the team have to go hand and hand. It's not just fans throwing money in blind faith, especially in our current economy.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

....RB Corporate has made investments to Leipzig,...

I struggle to believe a rep would actually say this.   That is whole-nother-level tone deafness.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

I struggle to believe a rep would actually say this.   That is whole-nother-level tone deafness.

It appears the reps are as tone deaf as the organization.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Judging by how the organization operates Im not surprised at all. No one seems to know how to do their job here.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I've also had reps talk about Leipzig and "come out to witness the next Tyler Adams."
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I've also had reps talk about Leipzig and "come out to witness the next Tyler Adams."

The Rep literally said that to me, and I told him, well NY RedBull just made $8million on the sell from Adams to Leeds United and where are those $8million being reinvested here! He had nothing else to say after that except that allegedly everyone has heard a similar concern about lack of investment to the Team. Well then when will we see any proactive activity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users