122 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Terrence Boyd likely coming on loan. Can't get the Twitter report to copy and paste.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

Corporate Synergy!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Here's the tweet:

.@TBoyd91 is looking to be going on loan with @NewYorkRedBulls for the 2017 @MLS season. Took a tour of the facilities last week.

From Taylor twellman

Damn I'm excited!

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

That is awesome in my opinion.... Great news

.@TBoyd91 is looking to be going on loan with @NewYorkRedBulls for the 2017 @MLS season. Took a tour of the facilities last week.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Not really familiar with this guy. I have heard his name around the national team and he appears to be a RB Leipzig guy. What else?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Not really familiar with this guy. I have heard his name around the national team and he appears to be a RB Leipzig guy. What else?

Had a boatload of raw talent. Was scoring in astounding rates with his club teams. Then tore his ACL a couple years ago and has had a hard time seeing action since.

Didn't look great with the National Team.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

25 years old, perfect age.  Was highly thought of pretty recently but started getting banged up the last couple years.  Now healthy though.

Striker which we need, potentially a long term replacement for BWP too.   Fast, athletic, good size and competent in the air.

The tough part is going to be how Marsch can handle both BWP and Boyd.  Boyd is too good to just sit on the bench and he's certainly not starting over BWP.   Every formation change has blown up on us because Sacha has a specific spot he fits best at.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Excellent feedback from the MF boys on Boyd. Sounds like a good fit.  Can he play wing at all? We need to get more dangerous offensively. We looked good most of the year, but we could improve.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Excellent feedback from the MF boys on Boyd. Sounds like a good fit.  Can he play wing at all? We need to get more dangerous offensively. We looked good most of the year, but we could improve.

...Or finish. That would be a KEY requirement if we're looking to advance in the CCL knock out stage and beyond.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Boyd certainly more of a center forward.

And I don't blame Miazga for leaving one bit.  He would have regretted his entire life not at least trying at the highest level.

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Boyd is a very compelling addition. He's the player we hoped Abang would develop into last year but never did.

Finally, being associated with fascist-voting Nazis freedom-loving Austrians might actually pay off.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Ehhhh, most would say that Boyd has peaked, doesn't have any more upside. 

Maybe he's still a good MLS level striker? Maybe he could be a legendary player for us, but part of me would rather give the minutes to Allen or some young academy kid. 

Allen is 23, he needs a chance to play in the next level. If not in 2017, when?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
He is a pure striker, deffo won't be playing wide for us. He is listed as 6 2 and at 25 he could easily be bwps understudy for a year two and go on to be he starter long term.

He's pretty slow but, as shown with Wondo speed isn't always needed.

He'll be motivated to finally getting chances even if they're mostly cup matches and subs. If can get to 80% of what he was like at Rapid we've made a great addition.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Boyd is a very compelling addition. He's the player we hoped Abang would develop into last year but never did.

Wha, you mean those two seasons at Rapid Wein? 

He hasn't demonstrated any level of form since his 2014 injury. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

yeah, he scored in bunches when he was with Dortmund's reserve team, but that was German 3rd/4th division, iirc. not sure what he can contribute for this upcoming season, maybe it works out, but i don't have my hopes up. and i want to know how much of a hit he'll be against the cap. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users