156 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars
Out of all the revolving door entries at the right wing since Sims benching and departure I want to see more of mines. he actually did pretty decent when he played, was able to draw fouls, had some one on one ability, earned corners. And he also happens to be the youngest at just 20. Why not give this guy a chance? much like Jorgensen, he seems to be on par or actually better as the other scrubs, but is younger. Yet even the interim Armas second assistant insisted on Stroud. We really need to get someone new and good as a coach soon.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Kaku, Pendant, Duncan, Long and hopefully Tetteh and Yearwood are what should be built around. Everyone else we need an upgrade.

Duncun looked like shit too in the last few games, and Pendant is just OK. Those are not guys you are going to be building around

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Duncun looked like shit too in the last few games, and Pendant is just OK. Those are not guys you are going to be building around

Both of their bodies of work show they can play at this level easily. If youre telling me we are going to upgrade massively at those positions, Im game. But I would rather upgrade other spots over those. We can win with Pendant and Duncan no problem

A case could be made that the team MVP right now is Duncan

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Both of their bodies of work show they can play at this level easily. If youre telling me we are going to upgrade massively at those positions, Im game. But I would rather upgrade other spots over those. We can win with Pendant and Duncan no problem

A case could be made that the team MVP right now is Duncan

Duncan has proven over both the long run and the short run to be wildly inconsistent.   Started out great, got relegated to the bench, redeemed himself... and then this performance.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Out of all the revolving door entries at the right wing since Sims benching and departure I want to see more of mines. he actually did pretty decent when he played, was able to draw fouls, had some one on one ability, earned corners. And he also happens to be the youngest at just 20. Why not give this guy a chance? much like Jorgensen, he seems to be on par or actually better as the other scrubs, but is younger. Yet even the interim Armas second assistant insisted on Stroud. We really need to get someone new and good as a coach soon.

He seems to have done what everyone said he needed to do, which was bulk up a bit to handle MLS level physicality.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Duncan has proven over both the long run and the short run to be wildly inconsistent.   Started out great, got relegated to the bench, redeemed himself... and then this performance.  

Relegated to the bench? Hes started 9 of 10 games this year. Id say the 1 he didnt was for rotation

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I just wanted to see them score a real goal, can't even meet my extremely low expectations.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

So many other, more pressing issues on the team. Duncan is only 23, hell improve over time and will automatically be better once the midfield and attack are stronger.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Duncan is young, cheap and domestic.  There is no reason to replace someone like that, whose capable of being an effective starter.  No reason to do anything with Duncan, Egbo and Pendant.  There are so many other issues of greater importance.   

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Have we watched the same games? Duncan's been a stud. Who Scored's data has him as the 10th-best player in MLS this season. 

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Have we watched the same games? Duncan's been a stud. Who Scored's data has him as the 10th-best player in MLS this season. 

Like I said before- Duncan has been team MVP this year not that its a hard race. Duncan, Pendant, Long, Kaku and hopefully Tetteh/Yearwood are who you build around. Rest of the roster needs serious overhaul

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Not sure if it would affect anything, but the WhoScored stats don't include the Covid tournament.

Either way, damn that's high!

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

He seems to have done what everyone said he needed to do, which was bulk up a bit to handle MLS level physicality.   

Here is a buffing part. Ben didnt really get an opportunity to play all season. Then against NE he get one chance to play minutes, and he assists on a goal, shows one on one ability, and generally looks dangerous with the ball. He also happens to be 20 years old and we dont have a starter at the position.

His reward is 20 mins combined in next two games. Why would you give Stroud a start over him, when in one game Mines was allowed to get minutes he did significantly more than much older Stroud with several opportunities?

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Who said about the whole season? I said in the last couple of games Duncan wasnt good. If you think hes coming off a great performance or two, rewatch the games.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Duncan is young, cheap and domestic.  There is no reason to replace someone like that, whose capable of being an effective starter.  No reason to do anything with Duncan, Egbo and Pendant.  There are so many other issues of greater importance.   

We are actually in agreement here, these guys are fine, we need to upgrade plenty of other places. I was commenting on a point that we need to be building a team around them, like they are some star players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users