73 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

“We’re still looking to make some big roster moves,” Marsch told reporters at Friday’s MLS Draft. “Some of it is out there. I’m not going to address it right now but at least two, maybe three or four big splashes. We’re working on that, but we also feel good about a lot of the group returning. We like our group. I feel like we’re as close as we’ve been to the kind of team that we think is necessary to play the way we want to play. That’s exciting.”

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Don't tease me Jesse 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Just read that stuff so had to come here.

Wow.  I was happy and ready to go to war with just the Kaku addition.  Adding another big piece or two on top of that is extremely exciting. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Well, they need at least one big splash just to replace Sacha.  Presumably that is Kaku, who's signing Marsch seems to be referencing.  I guess another could be a CB, where as it stands now the team has some young guys with potential and one proven veteran with an alarming injury history.  Maybe a third big splash would be another midfielder, to play on the wing opposite Royer (assuming Kaku plays in the center).  I doubt a right back signing would be a big splash.  Would they bring in a  striker?  If they did, would he partner with BWP or replace BWP?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I want to make a joke about "big splashes" coming from RBNYII, but damn I'm excited about the thought of multiple more Kaku level signings.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Pussetto I didn't even want to get my hopes up about because I just seen it as too out of the realm of possibility. But if we can pull that off in addition to Kaku then I'm as happy as can be.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Yeah, this seems crazy. Happy about the idea of getting 3-4 players in the $6-10m range, but geez, did we hit powerball or something?  We went from top 3 in the league in spending to bottom 10 to some crazy New York Yankees Drunken Steinbrenner kinda shit. Cool, but...wow. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

It's all going to happen ... in 60 to 90 days.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Trading FelipeCollin Lawrence and Roblas would be 4 big splashes ;-)
Kinda surprised as fairly happy with roster with KaKu

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

For now I would take one splash. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Ya, Kaku will definitely be that. Question is on the others.

Dyer mentioned Emerson Hyndman is talking to MLS. He'd be a significant signing. Wonder if one of the possibilities is him.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

What is this team? 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Big splash may not mean two Kaku's but good to know that its looks like we are back to 2014 in terms of first team investment.   Honestly think as long as we spend in top 1/4 of league we should be contending for Shields every year because until shown otherwise we are among if not the best in the league at developing players. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'm guessing:

1. Kaku

2. Casseres

3. an outside back

4. Pussetto 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Were still looking to make some big roster moves, Marsch told reporters at Fridays MLS Draft. Some of it is out there. Im not going to address it right now but at least two, maybe three or four big splashes. Were working on that, but we also feel good about a lot of the group returning. We like our group. I feel like were as close as weve been to the kind of team that we think is necessary to play the way we want to play. Thats exciting.

Can we make one splash before we talk about 3 maybe 4... jeeze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users