Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
http://metrofanatic....ory.jsp?ID=7502

This pretty much confirms Felipe and Sacha will be around next season too.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I'm shocked he didn't just cash in his chips in and move on. Everyone else in the East is going to be better, given our transfer kitty of $17.25 I don't see us improving at all.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

shocked he didn't just cash in his chips in and move on.

Is anyone knocking on his door?

given our transfer kitty of $17.25 I don't see us improving

Perhaps MLS will create a new category of Transfer Allotment, a use-it-or-lose-it amount that must be spent each year to acquire at least one new player. As for the quality and durability of the acquisition, thats a crapshoot.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Glad this is settled early. There was a lot of uncertainty last off season, not to mention the year when Petke was hired about 5 seconds before the season started.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm shocked he didn't just cash in his chips in and move on. Everyone else in the East is going to be better, given our transfer kitty of $17.25 I don't see us improving at all.

My guess is that hes eyeing Europe in which case he would need to complete his UEFA license first, no?

Maybe this was why he didnt get the Salzburg job?

In any case sorting out the coaching thing was number 1 on my must do list for the postseason. I wouldnt have kept him on but Im happy we have a clear direction.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Glad this is settled early. There was a lot of uncertainty last off season, not to mention the year when Petke was hired about 5 seconds before the season started.

Not to mention the year Petke was fired about 5 seconds before the season started.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Good. We were really close last season. I would love to see this entire group come back with a healthy group of CBs. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

better to have 1 more year stability at coach.

Fix the CB issue and find some better set piece attacking and defending and this team is much better.  Good news is they now have multiple looks they can play. 

I still think they try to get younger and faster and try the 4-triple 2 again.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
The team is cheap and probably has him on an one more year guranteed contract. Why eat his annual salary after letting him go while paying a new coach?

Not the end of the world however. I think this core of bwp and klejstan are good for another year

5 year plan

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Young players now have some experience under their belts. We should do better. Only WC player will be Murillo. I don't see how we qualify for CCL, but if we do, we will again face fixture exhaustion.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I have plenty of gripes about the club and Marsch, but overall, I do find him to be a very good coach. I'm happy he'll be returning and I'm happy about the continuity. Now, let's hope they actually make a serious effort about improving the club this off-season.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I have plenty of gripes about the club and Marsch, but overall, I do find him to be a very good coach. I'm happy he'll be returning and I'm happy about the continuity. Now, let's hope they actually make a serious effort about improving the club this off-season.

amen.  he's not perfect, but there are not a lot of teams who i would trade Jesse for their coach in MLS

and as a USMNT fan, while some may question if he is the right coach for us, but if MLS had more Jesse Marschs and yes Mike Petkes US soccer would be in a much better place.  I take a lot of pride that we do a good (though not great job) balancing youth development without comprising our ability to compete for trophies.  Rather be that, than a redo of the Galacticos.  

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Young players now have some experience under their belts. We should do better. Only WC player will be Murillo. I don't see how we qualify for CCL, but if we do, we will again face fixture exhaustion.

CCL will be a maximum of 7 games between February and March, and that's assuming we get to the final.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

CCL will be a maximum of 7 games between February and March, and that's assuming we get to the final.

We will be lucky to get out of the first stage!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

We will be lucky to get out of the first stage!

Ehh, we should be favoured in the first stage, assuming we play a non-Mexican CONCACAF team. Then it gets trickier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users