#1 ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

Major League Soccer has a far higher percentage of tie games so far this season as of Sunday's games than other pro leagues.
League Games Ties Pct.
MLS this season 76 31 40.8
MLS 2008 210 57 27.1
English Premiership 380 97 25.6
Italian Serie A 370 93 25.1
German Bundesliga 306 74 24.2
Spanish La Liga 370 80 21.6

#2 tzimaki

tzimaki

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts
  • Supports:Healthy living.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:56 PM

but not tonight!!! :D

#3 kebzach

kebzach

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Hey, now it's only 40% of games that end in ties. 40.26% to be exact.

#4 kenosis

kenosis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Storm, Torpedo Vladimir

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:34 AM

Smaller sample sizes lead to weirder things happen. It'll be interesting to see if this comes down as the year progresses.

#5 bahns82

bahns82

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Supports:cfsc

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:47 AM

Forget ties, chew on this - I read somewhere that there have been an equal number of losses and wins throughout this whole season. Not sure how tonight's result affects it, but that's crazy!!!
The WB05 Zine. Undeniably overdue.

#6 tzimaki

tzimaki

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts
  • Supports:Healthy living.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

Forget ties, chew on this - I read somewhere that there have been an equal number of losses and wins throughout this whole season. Not sure how tonight's result affects it, but that's crazy!!!

I think its cause of this....the year is 2009. If you take out the 2 and the 9, you are left with 00. Thats a draw.

The 2 and the 9 represent wins and losses, and if you add them together, you get 11, or two equal numbers.

#7 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:38 AM

Bullshit

#8 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

Most leagues including MLS end up around 25%-30% draws. With the smaller sample size the numbers are a bit inflated but it should drop down. I suspect this will be a higher than average year but not 40%.

I believe none of them have been 0-0. This isn't a case of teams giving up, I think it's the opposite. I think teams are realizing that getting into the playoffs is now more difficult and point lost early on hurt as much as point lost at the end of the season.

#9 Huck1eberry

Huck1eberry

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:The Wife. The Fire. Education. Comics. Reading.
  • Supports:Fire Fire Fire

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

Bullshit

+1
Next thing you are going to say is that if you don't have a win or a loss its a damn tie. Not in professional sports my friends. We play to win.

#10 kebzach

kebzach

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:38 AM

Most leagues including MLS end up around 25%-30% draws. With the smaller sample size the numbers are a bit inflated but it should drop down. I suspect this will be a higher than average year but not 40%.

I believe none of them have been 0-0.

Actually there have been 3 0-0 MLS games thus far this season.

#11 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:53 AM

Actually there have been 3 0-0 MLS games thus far this season.

I had read that somewhere but it must have been old news. Just yesterday I heard about DC/RSL being 0-0. Still, it's a low percentage. Must games have some excitement.

#12 AOH

AOH

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Supports:CHICAGO FIRE

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

Bullshit

+1
Next thing you are going to say is that if you don't have a win or a loss its a damn tie. Not in professional sports my friends. We play to win.

It's true! Somewhat. Was just reading the Fire's weekly update and the eighth bullet under "A Look At The Fire": • Both the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference have an average winning percentage of .500. This doesn't mean it's an equal number of losses and wins, but definitely worth mention none-the-less.

Trippy. Nice find man.

#13 radmonkey

radmonkey

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

The Greatest League in the World had 42 0-0 games this year. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

http://www.wsc.co.uk...t/view/3438/38/
"Dave Checketts and SCP Worldwide partners Dean Howes, Kenneth Munoz, Michael McCarthy and Chris Bevilacqua, chose Real Salt Lake for the team's name because they desired to associate the team with a successful soccer club, and "Fire" was already taken."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users