Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:" I love me some me" - Terrell Owens
  • Supports:RedBull New York
We all read that old report from a few years ago that said the Red Bulls fan base was 80% Jersey. Without spinning off into Dead Horse Country, I was wondering if the 80/20 split still applies now with the Arena and better mass transit. Does anyone have any REAL info?

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,303 posts
  • Supports:Metros

We all read that old report from a few years ago that said the Red Bulls fan base was 80% Jersey. Without spinning off into Dead Horse Country, I was wondering if the 80/20 split still applies now with the Arena and better mass transit. Does anyone have any REAL info?

I wonder along what lines the website traffic here skews. I imagine that would be a fair approximation.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I wonder along what lines the website traffic here skews. I imagine that would be a fair approximation.

Well, I'm sure lots of you live in Jersey, but work in Manhattan... and I do pretty much all my web browsing from the office, lol....

I'd be interested in knowing the numbers.. always seems like a healthy crowd heading back into the city with me after the games though...

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:" I love me some me" - Terrell Owens
  • Supports:RedBull New York

Commuters would mess up the #'s.
Probably still more accurate than something like tickets sold, though.

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT

Well, I'm sure lots of you live in Jersey, but work in Manhattan... and I do pretty much all my web browsing from the office, lol....

I'd be interested in knowing the numbers.. always seems like a healthy crowd heading back into the city with me after the games though...

Yea, I'm a city dude myself. The NYC bound trains are always packed following games. I'd say that 20 number has to have jumped up for New Yorkers over the past season -- I didn't buy full season tix until the new stadium opened and I'd think that I'm not alone in that boat.
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
I've been a STH since '99, from the city. The buses from Port Authority, to get to Giants Stadium, used to get a bit crowded on game days, but I always put it down to lack vehicles. And I would usually take the route that went to the racetrack n walk across the lot. There were a few of us who would do that.

Since the PaTh has become an option, it feels like the whole thing has blown up. The station is packed on game days and the atmosphere on the trains is incredible. I would hazard a guess that there are a ton more folk coming from the boroughs than before. If the ratio is still around 80/20, I don't know, but the volume overall has (obviously) gone up considerably.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase
As a car-less NYCer, I didn't go to events at old Giants Stadium and Meadowlands Arena mainly because the public transit options were tricky. But now that it's a lot easier to get to RBA, The Rock, and somewhat easier to get to New Meadowlands Stadium, I no longer wince at the prospect of traveling to the Garden State for events.

That said, I now live in "Cosmos County" in Astoria and I still prefer the hour+ trip to RBA over the 15 minute bus ride to whatever dump they build near Citi Field. You may all congratulate yourselves for that.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro
Its ALWAYS going to be skewed towards NJ because, well, the team is IN JERSEY. I think even the Giants and Jets are also more NJ people(prob by as small margin though). The reason it isnt more is prob from all the NY STH that have passed the tickets down generations including the corporations in NYC.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

That would be fair to determine the amount of hardcores location, but out of the avg 18-20k that attend games how many post here?

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

As a car-less NYCer, I didn't go to events at old Giants Stadium and Meadowlands Arena mainly because the public transit options were tricky. But now that it's a lot easier to get to RBA, The Rock, and somewhat easier to get to New Meadowlands Stadium, I no longer wince at the prospect of traveling to the Garden State for events.

This. same story here.

That said, I now WORK in "Cosmos County" in LONG ISLAND CITYand I still prefer the hour+ trip to RBA over the 15 minute bus ride to whatever dump they build near Citi Field. You may all congratulate yourselves for that.

Edited to reflect my situation.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

Take it from someone who ate, breathed and pooped Google Analytics for 3 years at TheOffside: If visitor stats were a fair indication, half of Red Bull Arena would be filled with Estonians.

:cheers:

fatcatnyc

fatcatnyc

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Supports:SATAN & nyrb
i am from astoria and its not cosmos county.its olympiakos country! been going steady since the one shoe match.never had a problem getting to g s thanks to good friends...carless in astoria..always make it to rba in an hour and 15..even caught anderson at our famous "rey del taco" truck here on grand..anyway..tons of folks from nyc at rba..maybe 70-30 now hahahaha..mass transit made it more accesible for nyers so...i aint worried about the long island cosmos at all

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars
i dunno i still think the 80 20 is a bit generous to ny...
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro
i'm in Sunnyside, and this is most certainly not Cosmos country. when i take the 7 into the city to catch the path, i always see several families of RB shirts and scarves. every pub in the area gets First-Touch, and they always have RB ads.
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

i'm in Sunnyside, and this is most certainly not Cosmos country. when i take the 7 into the city to catch the path, i always see several families of RB shirts and scarves. every pub in the area gets First-Touch, and they always have RB ads.

Yup, I used to live in Astoria, if you're riding from Ditmars to Queensboro plaza to transfer, you might as well be going into the city and hitting the path.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users