64 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

If you don't think it's over the top to wait outside the refs room with a derogatory word written on a sign after a game when you're a professional coach I don't know what to tell ya but that's why he got fired because the team did more research into what happened into the situation.

This thread got bumped to here because there was 0 chance Petke was going to be brought back in the first place by Red Bull and even less of a chance after the word he used.

They didn't even keep the guy here after two successful seasons, you really think they were going to hire him back after the way he got fired in RSL? Lol

Yes, it was over the top, but the punishment was a 3 game suspension, which was fair, and he served it. The incident is over. He got fired because he did a great job to bring in an excellent assistant coach, who was doing just as well with the team Petke built. So Real just promoted the assistant rather than deal with bullshit homophobic accusations of Petke. The whole point here is that our coach is not doing as well. Unless we can get someone like Jess Marcsh, who do you think is going to be better than Petke? Now time has passed and this is not a hot news any more. If do end up firing Armas, do you really want to hire some of the losers we hired for the first two two decades of this franchise? Or someone who proved he could win and got us first ever major trophy?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
This is the same organization that fired him, they don't want him back.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

This is the same organization that fired him, they don't want him back.

They didn't just fire him, they secured Jesse Marsch first, and then essentially upgraded Petke. Jesse did a very good job, very similar to Petke, but he will not be back. Unless there is someone of that caliber is available again, honestly I just don't see a better option. Again, I encourage you to look at the coaching of Metro throughout its entire history until Petke and March to understand what we will likely end up getting otherwise.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They didn't just fire him, they secured Jesse Marsch first, and then essentially upgraded Petke. Jesse did a very good job, very similar to Petke, but he will not be back. Unless there is someone of that caliber is available again, honestly I just don't see a better option. Again, I encourage you to look at the coaching of Metro throughout its entire history until Petke and March to understand what we will likely end up getting otherwise.

I know the history of this team coaching wise and that has nothing to do with this. Red Bull is not bringing back Petke as head coach, end of story. Which is why this thread ended up in the beat the dead horse section where it belongs.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Karma? Is Petke smiling?
https://sports.yahoo...-172622214.html
The original events:
https://www.google.c...ibel-hansen-mls

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users