acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

https://www.newyorkr...lecast-schedule

HARRISON, N.J. (March 1, 2018) – MSG Networks (NYSE: MSGN) and the New York Red Bulls have unveiled the official telecast schedule for the 2018 season. MSG Networks will televise 20 of the Red Bulls’ 34 regular season matches. 

MSG Networks will telecast the Red Bulls first match of the season on Saturday, March 10 against the Portland Timbers at Red Bull Arena.

MSG Networks, which has been the regional television home of the Red Bulls (previously the MetroStars) since 1996, will telecast pregame and postgame coverage for all home games the network televises, and pregame shows for all away games it covers. Emmy Award-winning broadcaster Steve Cangialosi returns for his 11th season as the team’s play-by-play announcer, and US Soccer legend and former Olympic goalkeeper Shep Messing returns for his 18th season as game analyst.

Michelle Gingras joins MSG Networks as host and sideline reporter for Red Bulls telecasts.  Some of Gingras’ previous stops include Yahoo Sports, One Up Sports, the New Jersey Devils and most recently BeIN Sports for the 2017 college football season.

----------------------------------

Apologies if not worthy of own thread...I assumed we would be back on MSG, but had not heard anything formal until this. 

Looks like Tina Cervasio is joining Kljestan, Felipe(?), and Veron on the train out of town.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Certainly worth it's own thread.

Bit concerned about the number of dropped games. Usually always fill the rest of the non-national televised games.

Tina spent years butchering players' names. Also, I know some of you guys loved her, but I never saw it.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

What games are being dropped?

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

What games are being dropped?

yea man.. outside of the games on ESPN or Fox.. all the other games were in MSG or plus. Has this changed?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we're on national networks 14x this yr? srsly?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
Wow... My bad. Just checked the schedule. We do somehow have 14 nationally televised games this year.

5 on FS1
4 on Univision
4 on ESPN
1 on Fox

@CurseofCaricola

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

4 on Univision

Sigh

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

Sigh

Agreed. Univisions English Commentary is brutal on the ears plus I'm sure they will cut out to Liga MX games at multiple points as well.

Glad that 3 of the 4 are at home. Will be sure to be there for those ones.

@CurseofCaricola

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

New sideline reporter, Michelle Gingras:

So excited to officially announce that I've joined the @MSGNetworks family to cover the @NewYorkRedBulls this season! I can't wait to get started! #RBNY

https://twitter.com/...308339296440321

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Tina taking over Sports Xtra:
https://www.google.c...edia-1.16996078
Good luck!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

After watching LAFC kill their fans with the Youtube TV relationship and seeing that Hartford doesn't even get all of their games live, I've come to appreciate MSG more.

Not a fan at all of Shep but I did like Tina.  Tina had some faults but she legitimately cared. She would even mention the Red Bulls during some Knicks games.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

After watching LAFC kill their fans with the Youtube TV relationship...  

I'd rather have the games on Youtube, I could get rid of my cable then.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I'd rather have the games on Youtube, I could get rid of my cable then.

Hah, don't hate the thought but I would lose the Rangers so it would hurt me.

Called Optimum ready to move to Fubo Tv and they cut my bill by 60 bucks a month for the next two years. Still a bit more than cutting the cord but went with it because it means less change.  I can suffer through 140+ a month much better than around 200.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Hah, don't hate the thought but I would lose the Rangers so it would hurt me.

Called Optimum ready to move to Fubo Tv and they cut my bill by 60 bucks a month for the next two years. Still a bit more than cutting the cord but went with it because it means less change.  I can suffer through 140+ a month much better than around 200.

It's the future.  A lot of people thought the NBA was stupid for taking games away from broadcast tv and giving them to cable many years ago, they seem to weathering that decision pretty well.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

It's the future.  A lot of people thought the NBA was stupid for taking games away from broadcast tv and giving them to cable many years ago, they seem to weathering that decision pretty well.

The negative with LAFC though is the fans are stuck with Youtube TV.  There are set channels they offer and that's that.  

I actually like Youtube TV but the fans are essentially forced there and that sucks.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users