6 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
RIP to the greatest manager and heel commentator of all time: "Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat!!!"

Edit: fuck the autocorrect on my phone for the title typo. HEENAN you stupid fucking phone.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

RIP to the greatest manager and heel commentator of all time: "Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat!!!"

Edit: fuck the autocorrect on my phone for the title typo. HEENAN you stupid fucking phone.

I loved Bobby, one of the absolute best. I hated seeing how bad his health had gotten over the last bunch of years.

Just an fyi but that's a Jesse Ventura quote that you posted.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Interesting 30 for 30 on Ric Flair.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

There are ways to "cheat" in soccer. Aside from simulation, pretending to be injured, harming your opponent, time wasting and professional fouls, here are some others that I have noticed.

Here are 3 that are legal:

1. Put goalkeeper in a dark green uniform to camouflage him from opponent strikers.

2. Do NOT put player names on backs of uniforms. Confuse opponents particularly during set plays.

3. Have players wear beards to make some players look alike. Anything else to make some players look alike.

Then there are plainly illegal/unethical things from fans: blowing whistles, provoking opponents, scare/intimidate ref, disturbances at hotel where opponents stay, traffic delays, throwing things onto the pitch, etc.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

1. Put goalkeeper in a dark green uniform to camouflage him from opponent strikers.

Why not dress the team in dark green to camp from the opposition?

2. Do NOT put player names on backs of uniforms. Confuse opponents particularly during set plays.

Do opposing players look at names or numbers?

3. Have players wear beards to make some players look alike. Anything else to make some players look alike..

How about masks, to make the team look like famous players? Think of the intimidation factor in facing Pele, Maradona, Messi, Henry, Best, Neymar & Cruyff!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Another way to confuse opponents with identification of our players is to issue similar numbers: 24, 42, 34, 43, 25, 52, 35, 53, 45, 54. Combine that with beards and no name on the jerseys, nobody including teammates, fans, announcers, will know who is who.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Great Bobby quote: when asked what he would've done if he were in charge of WCW he replied " I would've got everyone in a room and rolled in a hand grenade." He was the greatest.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users