JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

White get(s) his goal back ...
Brian White
Assisted By: Daniel Royer, Cristian Cásseres Jr.

Great! Well-deserved for all 3.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

spartak

spartak

New Signing

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Supports:ny red bulls

LOL. They dropped 4 on us, but we somehow exposed them as "nothing special". 

They are the best club and most prolific attack that MLS has ever seen. 

I don't think they are better attacking team then the last year's Atlanta. Speaking of special, it all depends on what you mean by special and how it compares to mine. For example, this year's All Star MLS team was pretty strong top to bottom, and still was demolished by Athletic Madrid 3:0. Athletic was a special team, imo. Red Bulls created obvious problems to LAFC's organization of attack in the first half, demonstrating some of their deficiency in passing from the back and in the middle. Therefore for me NYRB made obvious that LAFC was not as special as I would think judging from the statistics.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I don't think they are better attacking team then the last year's Atlanta. Speaking of special, it all depends on what you mean by special and how it compares to mine. For example, this year's All Star MLS team was pretty strong top to bottom, and still was demolished by Athletic Madrid 3:0. Athletic was a special team, imo. Red Bulls created obvious problems to LAFC's organization of attack in the first half, demonstrating some of their deficiency in passing from the back and in the middle. Therefore for me NYRB made obvious that LAFC was not as special as I would think judging from the statistics.

So the standard for excellence, even though were speaking in the context of MLS, is a top 3 side in La Liga and arguably a top 10 club in the world?

Were talking about a club thats on pace to shatter the single season points and goal differential records, as well as set the record for wins and goals scored. In nearly every conceivable team metric, they are the best club in MLS history. I dont know how that doesnt qualify as special.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

getting the double with MLS Cup as part usually cements it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

I smell....trap game.

For LAFC!

Definitely was for NYRB

In the halftime interview Bob Bradley was calm af like he knew they had NY... But hw did say that New York had their best pressing of the year and they got the ball and tied it...

The game was definitely a litmus test...

New York has to play better than they have all year if they want to win in the playoffs... I feel like Armas is saving their best for the playoffs but games like this show that can be a double edged sword

Hence imo disappointing loss.. As even playing the best they have all year in spurts as per their opponent they still came up waaaaaaay short.. I shut it off after the 4th goal cuz i just couldn't anymore and I was watching it in dvr a 30 min after it actually started... And Instagram ruined thw result for me so I gave up.. And reading posts on here leads me to believe that I didn't miss much
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Using an All-Star Game to compare teams and referring to "Athletic" Madrid. Come on, do better.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

"Athletic" Madrid

He must be from Basque Country 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

watched the 1st half again, and tbh, they did look pretty decent, outside of some near misses and a couple of passes that could've led to something had they been more precise. something to build on i guess. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users