15 replies to this topic

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

It seems to me the team is getting desperate to sell tickets. Below is a link which will let you sign up for texts from the front office for $10 Student Tickets. When you sign up you can also use a non .edu email address as well. So to me anybody can sign up. It seems like other than the game v. NYCFC or playoffs there will be cheap tickets. This just made our season tickets less valuable.

https://redbulls.exp..._one_vanity_url

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

they were already $10 (or less) in previous years thanks to scalpers.  now the team effectively cut the middleman (The scalper) out of the equation with this.

i don't think it will be a big boost to attendance. i think the main deterrents this year are:

1) the WTC Path stituation

2) traffic and parking around the stadium

3) lack of paper tickets reduces the # of touchpoints/sales channels for older/non tech savvy spectators. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You act like they're not flooding stub hub with blocks of $6.00 tickets anyway...

#RedBullOut

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Just checked stubhub and the cheapest for Minnesota is $15. Factor in fees its over $20.

Come on, it isnt THAT cheap.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Whether they will ever acknowledge it or not, last season something happened which appears to be that they stopped flooding secondary markets with cheap tickets. Even as attendance declined I was able to resell my tickets when I had to miss games for more money than in the past. 

I think teams that don't draw well are constantly trying to find a balance between enticing more people in with giveaways and deals versus preserving the value of a season ticket for their most loyal fans. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Just checked stubhub and the cheapest for Minnesota is $15. Factor in fees its over $20.

You can get in for <15 closer to kickoff, inc fees

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It seems to me the team is getting desperate to sell tickets. Below is a link which will let you sign up for texts from the front office for $10 Student Tickets. When you sign up you can also use a non .edu email address as well. So to me anybody can sign up. It seems like other than the game v. NYCFC or playoffs there will be cheap tickets. This just made our season tickets less valuable.

https://redbulls.exp..._one_vanity_url

They are just doing what most other teams do and what fans have been suggesting for a long time.    Those tickets won't  be in the lower bowl with most STH's.  They are desperate, but this isn't an indication of it.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

they were already $10 (or less) in previous years thanks to scalpers.  now the team effectively cut the middleman (The scalper) out of the equation with this.

i don't think it will be a big boost to attendance. i think the main deterrents this year are is:

1) the WTC Path stituation

2) traffic and parking around the stadium

3) lack of paper tickets reduces the # of touchpoints/sales channels for older/non tech savvy spectators. 

1) Same old same old

FTFY

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
People complain the team doesn't do enough to get more people in the building and then also complain when the team trys to get more people in the building lol

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

People complain the team doesn't do enough to get more people in the building and then also complain when the team trys to get more people in the building lol

Exactly

Thanks for the link so if I want to bring friends I can get cheap tickets and they can self upgrade to open seats

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I've gotten tickets in the north upper deck for $6.00 before fees.  Multiple times.

#RedBullOut

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

I've gotten tickets in the north upper deck for $6.00 before fees.  Multiple times.

the north deck isn't even open this year.  in past years you could get them for dirt cheap, but this year you will be hard pressed to get it for anything close (unless you sign up for the $10 promo)

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

FTFY

would you say attendance this year is the same as past years? because i would say so far it isn't.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

would you say attendance this year is the same as past years? because i would say so far it isn't.

Who knows... no one ever has shown up for cold weather early season games

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if I want to bring friends I can get cheap tickets and they can self upgrade to open seats

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=82u5zmT8GIw

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users