297 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Keep Sowe with II so he can develop and prosper in a healthy environment. Don't subject him to the first team's bullshit. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Keep Sowe with II so he can develop and prosper in a healthy environment. Don't subject him to the first team's bullshit. 

He can sign a first team contract and still play regularly with the 2s. New manager will be in place next season, as well.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Caden Clark looks like the real thing.  Seems to be the next academy/RB2 player who can really make a positive contribution to the first team, assuming they hang on to him long enough.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Leave Sowe with II with an invite to preseason. He had the hat trick and hit woodwork three times tonight, but in most matches he has struggled a bit.

Let Sowe and LaCava be the strikers and cut Elney, who is just not at the professional level. Still surprising we didn't sign Saramago. He must have really struggled in preseason.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,281 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Duncan probably due for a senior contract.

or cut someone from the supplemental roster. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Caden Clark looks like the real thing.  Seems to be the next academy/RB2 player who can really make a positive contribution to the first team, assuming they hang on to him long enough.  

Clark and Toure look really promising.  Toure for a 16 year old does a good job getting into good spots and showing some end product.  Even in the dupster fire game against Pittsburgh he was find ways to get chances. They need to sign him to a USL contract before anything silly happens. 

Also really interested in Cummins now.  Looks to be a better athlete than Tolkin but maybe has the same passing range.   

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Clark is wow.

Unfortunately this season, I really only have the time to watch highlights, not the full matches.  Where in the midfield does he usually play?

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

Clark is wow.

Unfortunately this season, I really only have the time to watch highlights, not the full matches.  Where in the midfield does he usually play?

#10 in a 4231 most of the time but has played as one of the attacking mids in a 4222 but we havent played it much.

He is 100% RB2 player of the year, not sure if we even have an award...

Toure also looks promising, super raw but hes so young I think he will get it together.

Great win tonight but again this Union2 team is not really USLChamp level much closer to USL1. We still have a slight bit of hope for playoffs but pretty much must win vs Hartford.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

season ends early Oct unless playoffs - interested to see if Clark gets invited to RBL again this year (tricky with COVID of course)

and maybe anyone else but only 2 have gone their to train (Adams and Davis)

also, hope they stick with this lineup if possible.  Sowe at 9. 

Play those with most potential and mostly the youngest players (except for those getting converted in positions like Fala)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts
Ideal XI for me:

Lapsley (purely out of necessity)
Rito/Cummins-Fala-Kilwien-Bounthong
Lema-Tolkin
LaCava-Clark-Toure
Sowe

Toure is good in the attack but not good defensively. Move Tolkin into the DM slot usually covered by Sharifi in order to give Tolkin midifield minutes (his natural position) and give Toure defensive cover with Bounthong and Tolkin behind him on the left. Elney hasn't impressed in his two years but Woly keeps going back to him. Hoping Sowe's breakout performance earns him the spot.

Bench: Dalton (academy GK with Bobocea off to school), Cummins/Rito, Boateng, Sharifi, Corfe, Dieye, Elney, with academy kids such as Shumba, Hot, Zalinsky, etc... rotated into the 18 if there is an injury/rest.

@CurseofCaricola

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Play those with most potential and mostly the youngest players (except for those getting converted in positions like Fala)

its a balance.  Definitely need to give them spot starts no matter what, but they also need to earn their starting jobs to play consistently.  If you cant beat out a 4-yr college guy in training at the USL level good luck being useful on the first team. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts
Match at second place Hartford tonight. If we lose, we are virtually eliminated from playoff contention for the first time in NYRBII club history. (Max of 24pts, Hartford would be at 22pts with 5 matches left).

Hopefully another showing like last week and they can grab some points.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts
Lapsley
Rito-Zalinsky-Fala-Tolkin
Lema-Sharifi