*sips red bull

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I already did and told them to cancel my season tickets. It was never even OK for them to use our stadium ONCE. Let alone multiple times. Let alone a now semi-permanent setup. With banners all over the place, covering our banners. AND in the South Ward. The FO need to know betrayed the fans feel. If we don't say anything now, this will be happening on a regular basis for the next 5+ years... 

I dont mind them using the stadium (its a pandemic and it pisses off their fanbase), but this is ridiculous. How can you call NY Red when your stadium isnt even red all the time?

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I dont mind them using the stadium (its a pandemic and it pisses off their fanbase), but this is ridiculous. How can you call NY Red when your stadium isnt even red all the time?

This has nothing to do with Covid though. They were using our stadium before that, and will be using our stadium after that.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Fucking disgrace, everyone in here should send an email to the FO.

Sent.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

This has nothing to do with Covid though. They were using our stadium before that, and will be using our stadium after that.

Come on, its true they used it one time before, but right now this time it is 100% COVID related. That doesnt excuse the fact that RB let them shit blue all the stadium.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Come on, its true they used it one time before, but right now this time it is 100% COVID related. That doesnt excuse the fact that RB let them shit blue all the stadium.

If they were concerned about needing a backup stadium for Yankee Stadium, they should have dealt with that before they decided to enter the league and try to steal our city/fans. That's not our problem. Make them forfeit the games for all I care.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
All they did was tarp up the South Ward and put up their stupid banners around the concrete below the stands. Im sure Toronto and Montreal are going to do the same shit. At this point, its water under the bridge. Shitty flags and banners on the north stand.....I didnt see anything but tarps in the South Ward.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If they were concerned about needing a backup stadium for Yankee Stadium, they should have dealt with that before they decided to enter the league and try to steal our city/fans. That's not our problem. Make them forfeit the games for all I care.

This.

Competition is well and good, but the league broke their own requirements on stadiums to let in a PR project for the UAE and specifically drove the narrative that RBNY wasn't a "true team" for NYC.  Fuck them.  I've said it before, but they're the only team in the league that I would be genuinely happy if they folded.  Or even better, get bought out and moved to Toledo or some other mid-sized midwestern town so their transplant fans will move back there.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Can take the easy way out and blame the corporate overlords but all the local people associated with this club for a number of years should know better.

Unfortunately its a bunch of empty suits like de Grandpre who dont give two shits about the culture and fanbase outside of getting our $$$. Completely fucking tone deaf organization

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
MLS is a clown show most of the time and so is our organization. I find all of it very predictable. Bush league is gonna bush league.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Shocked, but not surprised.
Lower part of 101 white, of 102 red.
Lower 133 might be black, hard to tell with lighting.

It was blue, white and orange to look like the NYC flag.

133 - blue
101 - white
102 - orange

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Fucking disgrace, everyone in here should send an email to the FO.

I sent an email as well.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,692 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It was blue, white and orange to look like the NYC flag.
133 - blue
101 - white
102 - orange

So, not even a straw for me to grasp at ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Fair enough.  At least take a little solace in the fact their "fans" hate it too.

Im sure Toronto and Montreal are going to do the same shit.

Shouldn't happen with those teams either, but when it does it won't be as bad because the rivalry isn't there.  DC, City, ATL, and maybe Philly (I don't feel the rivalry there the same way they do, but fuck Philadelphia) are the teams that you CANNOT let decorate RBA to look like their home.  

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

Listening to the piped in crowd noise, I kept hearing "Let's go Red Bulls". I do not know if it was piped into the stadium, or more likely, just piped into the telecast. 

I hate to disagree about the perceived disrespect, but our tenant NYCFC has to serve the NEEDS of ITS fans and sponsors. They are paying for that, and all their banners etc come down after their game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)