JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
Love the Cherundolo shout, but he was JUST hired as Germany U-15 Assistant Coach two weeks ago...

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I'm a dreamer... Mauricio Pochettino
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
But seriously Marsch has now proven to be a great move. I was very vocal about being pissed that Petke was fired but Jesse was quite possibly the best NY have had and I think that he is the new standard and measuring stick for what NY should have as a manager.

Even though he was the best Metro didn't win the MLS Cup so if they want to they will need a manager as good as Jesse or better and this time give him more talent than what Jesse was given. He made guys like Grella and Sam look great.

Jesse was 2 designated players away from winning a MLS cups. And what I mean by that is they needed to add a Vela or Almiron not that BWP didn't earn the raise but he needed help Sims and the 1 million dollar kid aren't like adding Vela or Almiron. But I digress what Jesse built they dismantled Little by little, every year a bit more...

Now we see a shell of what was... Bwp is gone, no Tyler or Dax, no bite in the middle of the park like what those guys brought. No creativity that Sascha had or the pace Grella and Sam and Taxi had.

We need guys that press hard and can create a chance even if teams just park the bus and we need to see some highly regarded talent that can dominate week in week out. Preferably guys that will be clutch when the matches are win or season over....

We need a manager that recognizes the clubs high press identity and the history of coming close in the playoffs and not being good enough or just flat out choking in the playoffs and that recognizes that we want to finally overcome that.

There's a core here with Kaku and Long and Cassares and Royer but that core are role players not marquee guys NYRB Need guys better than Kaku and Royer and even better than what BWP was and they'll need at least a handful of those top guys if we want to finally see Metro win the MLS Cup which should be the only goal

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Bring Ragnick in here to coach. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,717 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Internal hires should get no more than an interim tag and should not remain the head coach regardless of performance.

MP12 might disagree

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,717 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I would prefer they go the route ATL went coming into the league, getting someone who could draw young talent.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Bring Ragnick in here to coach. 

I love this idea... Although I like the idea of emulating ATL as well, a guy to get young talent is key...

I'd think Ralf would be able to get young players too tho...

I also would like if it was Mauricio Pochettino tho....

Would Ralf want to come here though?! I doubt Mauricio Pochettino would.. But Ralf headed all of Red Bulls football...

Still though would be great if they could convince him? Maybe the "Professor" as he's called can make MLS Cup Champions out of Metro

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I'm in favor of woly. Great metro & decent rb 2 coach & familar with our players from rb 2. Not sure if European,Mexican SA coach will be a good fit considering our past experiences. Anyone should be improvement from Armas for he lost his way.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I love this idea... Although I like the idea of emulating ATL as well, a guy to get young talent is key...

I'd think Ralf would be able to get young players too tho...

I also would like if it was Mauricio Pochettino tho....

Would Ralf want to come here though?! I doubt Mauricio Pochettino would.. But Ralf headed all of Red Bulls football...

Still though would be great if they could convince him? Maybe the "Professor" as he's called can make MLS Cup Champions out of Metro

Considering Ralf was just in the mix for the Milan job, Im guessing it would be unlikely he comes here... unless he wants to live in NYC.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Love the Cherundolo shout, but he was JUST hired as Germany U-15 Assistant Coach two weeks ago...

I think I read somewhere that he has no interest in leaving Germany.  Wife is German and at this point he's probably spent more of his life in Germany than in the United States.  Maybe he comes here for the national team job.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I'd love to give a guy like Dolo a shot, but I imagine that Thelwell will want someone with managerial experience. Even though he was just hired as a Germany U-15 assistant, I imagine that he'd be easily poached.

David Wagner? He's at Schalke, but I'd think that he might be in the hot seat there based on the way that they finished the season. He had a great first half of the season last year though, so maybe he earned himself a longer leash. Still a serious long shot.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,692 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I'm in favor of woly. Great metro & decent rb 2 coach

Big step up from RBII to HC of the first team.
While a fan favorite, I dont see it.
RB unlikely to go internally again, after Armas.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

I'm in favor of woly. Great metro & decent rb 2 coach & familar with our players from rb 2. Not sure if European,Mexican SA coach will be a good fit considering our past experiences. Anyone should be improvement from Armas for he lost his way.

Thiewell not a sentimental guy so unless Woly blows him out of the water with a shark tank like pitch it aint happening

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
I wanted Woly to get the job over Armas when Marsch left - he knew the system and the team didnt need a shakeup.

Now though, I think Thelwell needs to go outside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users