• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

"10 years" . In mls? Especially if he's good? Excluding Gk's it just doesnt happen. You can name a few exceptions like dolo,maldini, giggs etc. but they're like .00004 percent exceptions....and thats europe with cap and bullshit mls limitaions.

You are missing the point. It's not whether they will stay ten years, but that you find players who can contribute for a long time. It allows you to build an identity that doesn't need to be constantly retooled and it makes it easier to manage the roster process.

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

I'd have to go with Landon Donovan as well. The guy's arrogant, into himself, and plays great all around, would definitely help this team out.

As long as im breathing....

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Donovan is breaking down. too many miles on those legs. I would go after Joshua Gatt who is probably the next Donovan. He is stuck in Molde which i do not think is an upgrade to any MLS team. 

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -

Morales Higuain or Valeri, all three would make the team stronger. Only difference being Morales actually won something in this league.

Valeri is pure dirty when he is on the ball, one on one and his movement is silky smooth. I dont know about his mobility or his tackling ability though, maybe someone else has watched PTFC more than myself could weigh in.

•    Starting 11
  • ------ BWP ---------
  •   ------ SK ---------
  • - Grella ------ L.Sam ---
  • ----- Felipe - Dax ---------
  • Kemar -------------  Duvall
  •      Damien - M&M

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Valeri is pure dirty when he is on the ball, one on one and his movement is silky smooth. I dont know about his mobility or his tackling ability though, maybe someone else has watched PTFC more than myself could weigh in.

Tough to say cause he played with two excellent holding midfielders behind him, so he didn't have that much responsibility in the way of forcing turnovers.  But the way I see it, if Peguy can play the top of a four man midfield without hurting the team defensively, how bad can Valeri do?

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

Donovan is breaking down. too many miles on those legs. I would go after Joshua Gatt who is probably the next Donovan. He is stuck in Molde which i do not think is an upgrade to any MLS team. 

He has played in UCL/Europa matches, and his coach there is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, so not exactly a situation to turn your nose up at. I couldn't see him or Diskerud coming back here from Europe.

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club

Thierry Henry for Taylor Graham. 

"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Fuck that noise.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

San Zusi.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Diego Valeri

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

saborio? he might be on his way out at RSL

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

He has played in UCL/Europa matches, and his coach there is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, so not exactly a situation to turn your nose up at. I couldn't see him or Diskerud coming back here from Europe.

i would argue that if you want to get noticed as a national team player, then you are better off playing in MLS then in any of the Scandinavian leagues. 

BrooklynGladiator

BrooklynGladiator

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls .. ASRoma

I'd go younger for longevity

Diego Fagundez is great for his age. Henry's understudy should be a young kid eating those minutes when the old guy can't have a go.

Dillon Powers is a great young player, and might match-up well next to Dax.

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT
Mike Magee
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

I'd have to go with Landon Donovan as well. The guy's arrogant, into himself, and plays great all around, would definitely help this team out.

Would also help on set pieces.

Also to mention some that haven't been brought up yet:

-Luis Gil--I'd trade almost anyone on this roster for him. Versatile, the kid can play wide or in the center, can hold on to the ball (a trait needed in this league),  and has a nose for the goal. Could develop into something special.

-Goncalves  or Chris Schuler--solid CBs are literally worth their weight in gold in the MLS.

-Underrated player for me is Orial Rosell of KC.  Solid defensive middy with some offensive flair.  Smart, positions well, makes timely runs when needed. Will only get better.

-Lastly, don't know if it just me, but I'd like to see how Lee Nguyen would play on this current roster.  Has some great pace.  Not too bad on set pieces (I'd love to see someone else take set pieces other than Henry).  Sitting right behind the forwards, could pinch out wide if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users