67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Lets get it! 

He name checked meeting with Mario Gomez and Schnieder...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Wonder how Troy knew to wear a suit today. Clearly he just took it out of storage.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Well, two things I notice is that he's sincere and he seems pretty smart.  

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Well, two things I notice is that he's sincere and he seems pretty smart.  

Yeah - one of his last comments was something like we play well against the ball and in defense, but we need more clarity with the ball to increase scoring. Sounded like some offensive fundamentals. Sounds basic, but I like it. 

Someone mentioned he played 3-4-3 in New Mexico.... he was non-committal on actual formation. 

Has a real underdog vibe as a guy from second division.... leans into that. Which I also like. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, any good head coach would try to keep any formation change quiet until we start seeing it.  

Now the question is would he make any significant change like that with so little time to practice it? these next two games being so close will make that difficult. 

And for what it's worth, we do have a roster that could play a 3-4-3.  The only position I struggle to figure out for someone is one of those back 3 spots because I want anyone but Dylan Nealis there. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

And for what it's worth, we do have a roster that could play a 3-4-3.  The only position I struggle to figure out for someone is one of those back 3 spots because I want anyone but Dylan Nealis there. 

So whats your ideal 3-4-3? Now and once Vanzier/Luqs/Morgan ect.. are back. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Vanzeir, Luqs, Morgan, and Burke all share those top 3 spots. 

The mid 4 I would have Tolkin, Amaya, CCJ, Duncan.   Obviously a lot of room for guys like Edelman, Yearwood, Stroud and Harper.

Back 3 would be Reyes and S Nealis for sure, then it gets bumpy for the 3rd.  

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
He also played a 4231 regularly at New Mexico also wouldnt be shocked to see stroud and Edelman start tomorrow in open cup

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Think Troy said everything right. Especially liked that he referenced the need to be more creative in the attack. Based on the questions, it seemed he good connection with the NM fans, hopefully we see the same here. Now well see if he can coach.

Also liked when Schneider dismissed xG and said preferred actual goals.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Reading between the lines it seems not a lot of the players were enamored of Struber

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Reading between the lines it seems not a lot of the players were enamored of Struber

Yeah - if I recall he said something like it is important for players to feel like they can have input...  

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Has a real underdog vibe as a guy from second division.... leans into that. Which I also like. 

Yeah, I liked that too. After a lot of the hyperbole of the Armas & Stueber eras, I straight talking coach that is putting his nose to the grindstone is a welcome change.  

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Vanzeir, Luqs, Morgan, and Burke all share those top 3 spots. 

The mid 4 I would have Tolkin, Amaya, CCJ, Duncan.   Obviously a lot of room for guys like Edelman, Yearwood, Stroud and Harper.

Back 3 would be Reyes and S Nealis for sure, then it gets bumpy for the 3rd.  

sign a left footed CB in summer for the option to flip to this formation but in meantime can roll with 4-2-3-1.  Harper should be playing over Duncan though unless hes hurt or really out of form.  in a back 3 i think Edelman would be an interesting right sided CB also fwiw

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

sign a left footed CB in summer for the option to flip to this formation but in meantime can roll with 4-2-3-1.  Harper should be playing over Duncan though unless hes hurt or really out of form.  in a back 3 i think Edelman would be an interesting right sided CB also fwiw

Duncan has played in a 3CB formation too. To varying success, but you could say that about right back too.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Yeah - if I recall he said something like it is important for players to feel like they can have input...  

Struber was an authoritarian this is no secret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users