• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

except the fact that he is training fully with the team and very happily by all reports.

Yes and they posted an interview with him. last week

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

wants to move because his family can't get visas

Perhaps some should acquire Paraguayan passports.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Reading through this thread, lots of people are saying hes mad his family cant get visas.

Does anyone know what family members specifically? I follow him on Instagram and see lots of posts of him and his wife and kids, so I assume they are here with him in the states.

Therefore hes upset he cant move his parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc?

Sure, that sucks that they live in South America but if its that important to him, he should have never moved to MLS.

He needs to grow up. He took a job abroad; thousand of miles away from home. Obviously he isnt going to see his fam as much. It seems like hes just whining at this point, and expects to be sold? He needs to step his game up to make his transfer value worth it.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Felipe was part of the mid-week youtube video leading up to his trade to Vancouver for Parker, so who knows at this point. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Reading through this thread, lots of people are saying hes mad his family cant get visas.

Does anyone know what family members specifically? I follow him on Instagram and see lots of posts of him and his wife and kids, so I assume they are here with him in the states.

Sure, that sucks that they live in South America but if its that important to him, he should have never moved to MLS.

He needs to grow up. He took a job abroad; thousand of miles away from home. Obviously he isnt going to see his fam as much. It seems like hes just whining at this point, and expects to be sold? He needs to step his game up to make his transfer value worth it.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to his family, as I also have seen a bunch of his Instagram posts with his wife and kids here.  I think it might be in relation to his brothers and sisters being able to visit?  He is part of a very large family and I believe that both of his parents have passed away.  

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Not sure if this is tin foil hat or not, but a lot of speculation on Twitter that it's his agent dicking around on Twitter.

Either that, or Kaku is liking CA posts and tweeting eagle emojis during lunch and water breaks at training.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I can understand being homesick and missing family but the guy makes a million dollars a year to kick a ball around for 9 months or so. I'm not going to feel too bad. He'll have plenty of family time after he retires at the ripe age of 35

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

except the fact that he is training fully with the team and very happily by all reports.

Of course he is going to be training with the team. Just because he is smiling in a training pic doesn't mean that he doesn't want out. Just look at his twitter. He is completely driving the rumors. Hard to enjoy having a guy like that on the team. Compare this to Adams. Everyone knew he was leaving to Leipzig, but he was professional about it and handled it the right way. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Does anyone know what family members specifically? ... upset he cant move his parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc?

Careful! You will be called a racist!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Argentine citizens need a visa to VISIT the United States, not just to move here.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Argentine citizens need a visa to VISIT the United States, not just to move here.

Generally, EVERYONE does. Some are eligible for a visa waiver.
https://en.m.wikiped...e_United_States
A visa still does not guarantee entry:
https://en.m.wikiped.../wiki/Form_I-94
https://www.worldtra.../passport-visa/

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

All his tweeting about leaving/liking stuff is really starting to get on my nerves. Kind of disrespectful to our team and fans IMO. It's one thing to want to leave. It's another thing to be this open about it. We just broke the bank to acquire him, make him our #10, and now he wants to leave after 1 season to go to a club that is only a small step up from us. The least he could do it show some class and be professional about it. 

The last tweet is a dead giveaway. A four leaf clover and an eagle (Club America), saying how he is hoping for the last key to open the door? It's ridiculous.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I like the guy, fun to watch, and he was an ambitious addition.   But he has only been here a year an he is not someone who has earned any sort of passionate allegiance from the fans.  My only concern with him leaving is our ability to quickly replace him, on top of the other additions we need to make.    For our share of the $12M (assuming that's the number), and with papa red bulls scouring network, we ought to be able to get that done.  I just hate someone  new coming in without a full pre-season.   In our system, it makes a huge difference.    It' not just having the new player learn the system, its the coaches having time before meaningful games to see where he fits in.   Its much harder to experiment and try things once the season gets going.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I like the guy, fun to watch, and he was an ambitious addition.   But he has only been here a year an he is not someone who has earned any sort of passionate allegiance from the fans.  My only concern with him leaving is our ability to quickly replace him, on top of the other additions we need to make.    For our share of the $12M (assuming that's the number), and with papa red bulls scouring network, we ought to be able to get that done.  I just hate someone  new coming in without a full pre-season.   In our system, it makes a huge difference.    It' not just having the new player learn the system, its the coaches having time before meaningful games to see where he fits in.   Its much harder to experiment and try things once the season gets going.

Yeah it's more the fact that we're going to be replacing 2/3 of our central midfield AND need to upgrade our wing play.  One way or another this needs to be resolved, now, before the January window closes and we can get a replacement in.

I don't personally get the warm and fuzzies with our midfield stable here.  The club is right to play hard ball to try and get a better transfer value for an unhappy player.  As for the agent stuff, I dk if you guys know how social media and soccer business works, but I promise you if Kaku was really intent on staying here he'd have clarified that by now.  He hasn't.  So I don't think the idea he wants to leave is some mass conspiracy by his rep.

The only way we look bad in this situation is if Hamlett hasn't lined up more additions to the squad by the end of the window and we go into the season short handed.

#RedBullOut

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
This social media crap is going to backfire on him big time. Now that Red Bull Global is involved, Kaku is likely gone, but not to Club America. I expect a few other teams to get involved now and drive up the transfer fee. I hope they sell him to a club in a place he hates to prove a point too these agents and clubs encouraging this behavior.

When your boss' boss gets involved, the player's feelings aren't going to be a factor.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users