ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Bum: US Friendly/MLS for continuing to play on FIFA dates.

Hero: Fuck do I know...

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Bum: US Friendly/MLS for continuing to play on FIFA dates.

Hero: Fuck do I know...

Hero tag should go to the brave souls that made the trip as always. Honestly, after traveling for nearly 4-plus hours there and back by bus, they deserve better.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Are some of you guys under the impression we aren't gonna lose away games this year? Its MLS, you're gonna lose away games, especially when half your starting lineup is missing.

We also just won three straight road games in May, including at Atlanta. You can relax a bit, we're alright.

Yesterday was a pretty shitty day for our teams though. The three games I watched, RB2, USMNT, and RB all went up a goal in the first half and went on to lose 2-1. Started to think I was caught in a time loop.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
We are a young team overall and missing key guys so not surprising result

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Connor Lade sucks

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Connor Lade sucks

What drives me nuts is knowing that we would be in this situation and Jesse not using Connor as a sub when we had commanding leads.

Other than the second goal, I thought Connor wasn't bad.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Losing away happensbut not a good performance even considering missing key players as Revs were too.
Oh well onto Wed

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Revs also played last Wed, drawing at home to ATL. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Typical Foxboro type game that we've seen so many times over the years. Hard to get overly upset about this one. 

The real gut punch was giving up the equalizer right before the half. Shame we couldn't bunker efficiently to save the point. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I'm not sure why anyone is freaking out about this.  Down 4 starters (Robles, Murrillo, Parker, Adams) against a newly-motivated Revs team that is the trendy dark horse to make a deep playoff run, on the road.  We were never going to win this; one point would have been a nice bonus.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I'm not sure why anyone is freaking out about this.  Down 4 starters (Robles, Murrillo, Parker, Adams) against a newly-motivated Revs team that is the trendy dark horse to make a deep playoff run, on the road.  We were never going to win this; one point would have been a nice bonus.

And I mean it's not like the Revs played a league match 3 days earlier or something. What was the excuse for dropping points at home against the worms? Dana White has a saying: "So you wanna be a fucking fighter?". Well, do we wanna be a fucking contender? Getting lucky to get a point at home against a bad worms team and having a come from ahead loss against an inferior opponent talent wise doesn't cut it.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

And I mean it's not like the Revs played a league match 3 days earlier or something. What was the excuse for dropping points at home against the worms? Dana White has a saying: "So you wanna be a fucking fighter?". Well, do we wanna be a fucking contender? Getting lucky to get a point at home against a bad worms team and having a come from ahead loss against an inferior opponent talent wise doesn't cut it.

Yes the team was on a roll before Philly, which could have been a hiccup if they made the early lead stand up, instead its a step back.

Nothing to go to pieces over, but definitely a missed opportunity and one whose significance will depend on what they do in the next couple of matches.

If they follow it up with a nice 5 game winning streak, then it's no big deal, but if they get 3-4 points from the next 5, then it's the start of a downward spiral. 

It looks like the former is more likely, but we will have to see.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Revs at home have drawn NYC and Atlanta and beaten KC and (admittedly poor so far) Toronto. Close losses to Columbus and Dallas as well.

Sure, it'd be nice to have picked up points away from home, but a close loss when missing 4 starters isn't the end of the world. More upset about the draw at home v Union than about this result. Giving up the equalizer on the last play of the 1st half was pretty annoying.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Bad games happen in a 34-game season?

Not going to argue with someone who quotes Dana fucking White though.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

RSL game, a mistake cost us a road result

ORL game, a couple of mistakes cost us a road result

NE game, a mistake cost us a road point

In the above 3 games the team fielded an understrength lineup. Limit the mistakes and the understrength lineup can snatch a result. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users