428 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
97 goals... Two more till two nines!!!!!!!

I hope he is only hitting his prime and drops a couple of hat tricks in the coming weeks and maybe beats his season high!!!

And of course I hope he's clutch in the playoffs this season and Metro finally wins the cup!!!

If all that happens, i love TH14 and JPA, i think there shouldn't even be a debate... Build the statue for the GOAT!!!!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Nice little article about BWP in the Guardian today.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

99 for 99.

Does 100 come against DC?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

99 for 99.

Does 100 come against DC?

100 comes against DC, and the away fans cheer so loud that all of the railings fall off.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

BWP's commentary goal 100 possibly coming on a PK

https://twitter.com/...854745299410945

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

BWP's commentary goal 100 possibly coming on a PK

https://twitter.com/...854745299410945

Man, you got to love that guy.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
Same amount of assists as Sacha this season

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Same amount of assists as Sacha this season

Hahaha remember people thought the offense would fall apart without him? Good times.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Hahaha remember people thought the offense would fall apart without him? Good times.

If we knew from the start that he'd be replaced by a guy of Kaku's quality, you wouldn't have heard a peep. It was about six weeks between Kljestan's trade and Kaku's announcement, so yeah man there was some panic.

We all know BWP gets it done no matter what though, he could play in front of a junior varsity team and still score goals.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We all know BWP gets it done no matter what

I do not know this.

he could play in front of a junior varsity team and still score goals.

BWP needs quality service. He cannot score on his own.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

It was more of a nod to how BWP has improved that side of his game this year than a dig at Sacha (although a bit of that as well, sure).

He's also taking on defenders 1v1 a bit more often, and with better success, than in prior seasons, a late career development that is not often (or ever?) seen in forwards. Probably down to confidence freeing him to try individual stuff rather than him suddenly developing moves at 33.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Did people actually think this? I was down on Sacha more than most, but I was always of the opinion that Sachas contributions were FAR overrated by his assist numbers. Without secondary assists, I think he was like 5th or 6th in the league. Above average for sure, but any 10 in our system will pile up assists. Dont think I ever posted it here, but I think Davis as a direct replacement for Sacha would still be top 5 in the league in assists.

Just look at Sacha in Orlando. Definitely above average, but not a real difference maker.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Did people actually think this? I was down on Sacha more than most, but I was always of the opinion that Sachas contributions were FAR overrated by his assist numbers. Without secondary assists, I think he was like 5th or 6th in the league. Above average for sure, but any 10 in our system will pile up assists. Dont think I ever posted it here, but I think Davis as a direct replacement for Sacha would still be top 5 in the league in assists.

Just look at Sacha in Orlando. Definitely above average, but not a real difference maker.

People were more upset for giving up Sacha for so little and taking a long time with his replacement than letting him go necessarily.

As bullish as I am on Davis, I think top 5 in the league is optimistic. Would've liked to see Tyler in an advanced role myself. 

And on the low return for an "MVP-type player," as annoying as it is to have let Sacha go AND paid AM to receive two non-entities, we were never going to get a large haul for an aging attacking midfielder who clearly needs a tailor made system and little defensive responsibility in order to put up the gaudy numbers he did.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Sacha was finished... Loved the dude but like many athletes, the dropoff is fast.  Was just confused why anyone thought it would be a major thing to get rid of him.  With how the system is played on this team and how he was out there moving around, there was zero chance at a downgrade.  

Everyone in the league knew what Sacha was and that's why we got the return that we did.  With the domino effect of LAFC getting Feilhaber right after, you even knew the ballpark of what LAFC was offering. 

The return still sucks.  That was a failure, but Sacha was no loss to the team.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Sacha was finished... Loved the dude but like many athletes, the dropoff is fast.  Was just confused why anyone thought it would be a major thing to get rid of him.  With how the system is played on this team and how he was out there moving around, there was zero chance at a downgrade.  

Everyone in the league knew what Sacha was and that's why we got the return that we did.  With the domino effect of LAFC getting Feilhaber right after, you even knew the ballpark of what LAFC was offering. 

The return still sucks.  That was a failure, but Sacha was no loss to the team.

Also, recall that we got Felipe AND Sacha for pretty cheap, too:

https://www.newyorkr...allocation-spot

And while Redding and Rivas are busts, we did free up space for Kaku.  Moreover, getting Parker for Felipe was a pretty shrewd move (will look a whole lot shrewder if Parker signs a long term deal).  My point is we did pretty well on the balance.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users