Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We're 9th in the Shield race, despite other teams having 20 pts. Reason being those teams have 6 wins, we have 5. I guess that's the tie breaker. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Of course not. Thelwell is gone, Hamlett is here. Not enough discourse in this fanbase outside of this website about the squad depth issues.

Too many Baghdad Bobs.

we are 3 points off the shield despite carmona and Clark being injured Casseres missing a decent chunk of time fletcher and Klimala dealing with injuries and Covid reyes being injured Morgan getting Covid. We have had to tap pretty deep into the depth chart and we have done well. We could strengthen some spots but mls roster mechanics usually means you will have a hole here or there with an imperfect replacement available

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we are 3 points off the shield

We still suck at home. Road luck may run out.
Mets have 3d-best record in 30-team MLB,
but it is not even Memorial Day yet, and
a feeling of doom is hanging over Citi Field.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Striker situation feels a lot less doom and gloomy right now because we're finding out ways to score. We're tied for 6th most goals scored in the league.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we're finding out ways to score.

The old quote: Rather be lucky than good.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Striker situation feels a lot less doom and gloomy right now because we're finding out ways to score. We're tied for 6th most goals scored in the league.

agree, captain morgan, Luq, Long and omir have really stepped up offensively

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

But 1st in xGF.

Klimala, to his credit, is no longer running away with the league lead in xG underperformance. He's not even the worst on the team anymore - Barlow is!

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

we are 3 points off the shield despite carmona and Clark being injured Casseres missing a decent chunk of time fletcher and Klimala dealing with injuries and Covid reyes being injured Morgan getting Covid. We have had to tap pretty deep into the depth chart and we have done well. We could strengthen some spots but mls roster mechanics usually means you will have a hole here or there with an imperfect replacement available

Yeah - I guess I don't see depth as too much of an issue - beyond LB and a striker upgrade. TK - where do you think the gaps in depth are? 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Tolkin will be out with COVID and Pendant is expected to start. Struber spoke highly today of Pendant's attitude working his way back to the first team.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Attitude and effort are great but Struber buys a little too much into it, or he has to sugar coat the lack of depth in certain areas.

Im not sure I trust his judgement when Barlow regularly starts.

Of course he really doesnt have any other option at LB. Dylan Nealis is subpar at his natural RB position, and Lewis Morgan was victimized as a converted attacker vs. Chicago.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Attitude and effort are great but Struber buys a little too much into it, or he has to sugar coat the lack of depth in certain areas.

Im not sure I trust his judgement when Barlow regularly starts.

Of course he really doesnt have any other option at LB. Dylan Nealis is subpar at his natural RB position, and Lewis Morgan was victimized as a converted attacker vs. Chicago.

Marsch had the same issue. They believe so much in their system that they put it above players ability.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Marsch had the same issue. They believe so much in their system that they put it above players ability.

Its the system and its often the preference of athletes over skill/ability, although Im not sure that applies to Pendant.

Struber is less guilty of it than Jesse was.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

I'm still not as convinced that Struber is playing guys like Barlow or Pendant because he truly believes in their skill. I think its about injury prevention and those just happen to be the next best guys available on the roster. He'd rather sit Klimala, Fletcher, whoever an extra game and make 100% sure they recover rather than risk an injury that will keep them out for weeks. And honestly who can blame him after last year's injury fiasco.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Please, for fucks sakes, stop this starting Barlow experiment already

We've been saying it for 3 years

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

We've been saying it for 3 years

He has already played more minutes this season than he did in 2021.

Idk what blackmail he got to make that happen, because nothing he's done on the field has warranted that kind of increase.

My favorite Barlow stat right now is that he has played about 27 full games worth of minutes and hasn't registered a single assist, even under the MLS definition. That genuinely feels impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users