https://www.newyorkr...s-ii-head-coach

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Is there more to this? Does he simply not want to coach anymore? Got a better job elsewhere?

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Woly's OT one-timer thunderbolt against Columbus is still one of the most amazing goals I have ever witnessed in person. The look on Jon Busch's face when the ball struck nylon is priceless.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

WTF?    We all knew he had to be frustrated with the way RB2 was managed the past two years, and with Carnel leaving he should be getting a shot at the first team in some role, but leaving without obviously stepping into something better is weird.   Hope he lands somewhere  great very quickly.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Appears from the comments that this was mutual.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Woly to Man U ...

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sad day. They did not make it easy for him last three years.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Woly's OT one-timer thunderbolt against Columbus is still one of the most amazing goals I have ever witnessed in person. The look on Jon Busch's face when the ball struck nylon is priceless.

https://www.youtube....h?v=qPcr9ctulJg

Kind of sad to see him go.  He's been here a long time and hopefully he's either got something lined up already or he'll get something else quickly.  

Is this guy a candidate for an MLS head coaching job, or does he still need to do a season or two as an assistant?

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

https://www.onceamet...elieve-in-magic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Why would Woly stay on? He has done and won everything possible on USL level. The team is gone after next year, what will he do if he stayed on, coach in that MLS Next league?

Hopefully he has something lined up which is better than this.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

https://www.youtube....h?v=qPcr9ctulJg

Kind of sad to see him go.  He's been here a long time and hopefully he's either got something lined up already or he'll get something else quickly.  

Is this guy a candidate for an MLS head coaching job, or does he still need to do a season or two as an assistant?

I'd be surprised if he was in immediate contention for an MLS gig. Obviously a lot of completely legitimate caveats around it but his overall record in USL wasn't stellar.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Thank him for his years of service to the club. He played his heart out for us and was just as good a manager. My guess is he's getting a head manager opportunity at another club like Cincy. Good luck to him.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

I'd be surprised if he was in immediate contention for an MLS gig. Obviously a lot of completely legitimate caveats around it but his overall record in USL wasn't stellar.

Wasn't stellar? Through 2019, week in and week out, he had the team rotated under him, and kept on winning and winning. As soon as RB pulled the rug and made RBNY II a youth team, it was obviously the end of that.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Wasn't stellar? Through 2019, week in and week out, he had the team rotated under him, and kept on winning and winning. As soon as RB pulled the rug and made RBNY II a youth team, it was obviously the end of that.

Yeah that's why I said there are legit caveats. But ultimately 88-75-43 isn't stellar and an MLS GM may not pounce at that.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Yeah that's why I said there are legit caveats. But ultimately 88-75-43 isn't stellar and an MLS GM may not pounce at that.

What was his record before 2020? MLS GMs understand that you can't compete in the USL with youth players.

1 USL Cup, 1 regular season championship, and 2 USL Cup semifinals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users