193 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

Don't forget, we gave him away for an international slot for next year...

After already running this whole year with what 1 or two never used?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,438 posts
  • Supports:Metro

After already running this whole year with what 1 or two never used?

And we have backups like Jensen, Egbo, Tetteh, and Jorgensen wasting spots...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

We need a DP in the style of Hany Mukhtar (RBS alum) he's really good at the transition game.  Nashville looks really organized and understanding of what they want to do tactically. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

We need a DP in the style of Hany Mukhtar (RBS alum) he's really good at the transition game.  Nashville looks really organized and understanding of what they want to do tactically. 

He reminds me a lot of Yusuf Pullson from Leipzig, but tbh I hope our DP 9 is of a higher quality than Mukhtar.

This Nashville team should not be this good but their coach has them really really tactically drilled much like that crapids team that won it all.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

He reminds me a lot of Yusuf Pullson from Leipzig, but tbh I hope our DP 9 is of a higher quality than Mukhtar.

This Nashville team should not be this good but their coach has them really really tactically drilled much like that crapids team that won it all.

Yeah that's what i mean of "in the style of".  He's not good enough but need someone who has the same strengths (good in transition, not a liability of D, not overly one dimension [likes to shoot and pass]). 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,429 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Nashville scored once Muyl was subbed off. Maybe should've done that earlier...lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Nashville did score with Muyl....goals called back though. Nashville actually owned Toronto. Just like Bruce Arena led New England over the Worms today.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Has a Red Bull home grown player win MLS Cup yet? Looking increasing likely the first to do it will not be playing for the Red Bulls.

Glad we got rid of Muyl for nothing.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Glad we got rid of Muyl. 

FYP

LONG LIVE METRO

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Dax at holding is a big part of their success.  We thought we were rich in midfield when he and the rest were traded.  Guess we weren't as rich as we thought.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Dax at holding is a big part of their success.  We thought we were rich in midfield when he and the rest were traded.  Guess we weren't as rich as we thought.

We were until Tyler was sold. Pretty irreplaceable, although they havent brought in a positional replacement since he was sold 2 years ago.

Maybe this offseason they will finally sign a defensive midfielder that can cover some ground and do some of the work Tyler did.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

We were until Tyler was sold. Pretty irreplaceable, although they havent brought in a positional replacement since he was sold 2 years ago.

Maybe this offseason they will finally sign a defensive midfielder that can cover some ground and do some of the work Tyler did.

Agree.  And now we go back to the no replacement issue at midfield, striker, etc.  Hoping Struber and Co. get some higher quality.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

4 years since the trade, and Dax is still better than his young up and coming replacement in Davis, while we struggle in CDM in play-offs.

P.S. Mods, can this post stay, I did not mention the taboo topic of criticizing you know who "after one game"

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

4 years since the trade, and Dax is still better than his young up and coming replacement in Davis, while we struggle in CDM in play-offs.

P.S. Mods, can this post stay, I did not mention the taboo topic of criticizing you know who "after one game"

I think Adams was his up and coming replacement...unfortunately he left too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users