184 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

According to his social media, BWP is going to LAFC.

Now, because he withdrew from the re-entry draft, we owned his MLS rights... Let's see what the genius Hamlett got for the best striker in team history!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Good for him, I wish him well. I don't hate LAFC so it could have been a lot worse seeing him go somewhere else. We also play them at home on July 19th so hopefully we have a nice tifo for him.

I still think it was such a stupid and lame decision to retire his number when he was still playing completely unannounced after a random game with barely anyone in the building. It really should have been saved for when he actually retired and been a nice ceremony before a game.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

We also don't play them at home this year.

We host them in July.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

We host them in July.

Damn you're quick lol I thought I edited it before anyone would notice lol

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

We've had a few of our stars go on to win the MLS Cup after playing for us. Petke and Mathis come to mind. Probably others. Good luck to BWP and maybe he will join them.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
This hurts a lot.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I understand and even support the decision to let him go. I'm happy to see him find another endeavor and I genuinely hope it's successful.

It still fucking sucks to look at that image on the front page.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Dimonade is out a few weeks with an injury. Hes excellent cover for a team like LAFC thats serious about getting silverware

A win win for both player and club.

5 year plan

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Can't believe he was let go after one bad year. Watch him score 10+ goals this season while our low-talent strike corps struggles.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
On a team that can provide BWP service, like LAFC, I can see him scoring 10+ easily. It wasnt going to happen here so it was better just to rip off the band-aid and let him go.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

ouch 

good luck to him

i kinda get letting him go but this still hurts

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

So to be clear, RBNY dropped Brad for "cap space", we didn't do anything with the cap space, and now he's signed with the best team in the history of the league, who are set to most likely run the league again next year.

Great.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

So to be clear, RBNY dropped Brad for "cap space", we didn't do anything with the cap space, and now he's signed with the best team in the history of the league, who are set to most likely run the league again next year.

Great.

But Tom Barlow! Mathias Jorgensen!

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Great.

Will be interesting to see what they are paying him - but he won't be a starter.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Can't believe he was let go after one bad year. Watch him score 10+ goals this season while our low-talent strike corps struggles.

this is what i felt too... And what Metrofanatic wrote as well Hamlett thought he's expendable yet the best team thinks he is worth getting.... Illustrates exactly how terrible of a job Hamlett and co... Are doing it was tolerable to not win MLS Cup if supporters shield was won or 1st in east... And instead of seeing that as a sign they they were so close to the top that maybe they should add a little bit of talent to get over the hump they kept subtracting... Now they've kept subtracting and barely made the playoffs....

Now this..... This is like LAFC clowning Hamlett.... He needs to be let go..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users