• 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Please please no more Barlow. I would be ok with this:

----royer----jorgensen

----kaku-----valot

----yearwood---CCJ

Duncan--parker--long---egbo

--------meara

Clark off the bench at 60', white off the bench if we need a goal, Davis/stroud if we need to protect a lead.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

At this point we are passed the gaunlet but the time breakdowns Fishkin posted on twitter are interesting.  Very telling that Duncan played in every game this month and Pendant has as well besides one game.  Wingback is a very demanding position to do that.  Playing once a week should help both of their performances going forward since they will be fresher (though Duncan in particular has still been very good). 

Valot is the only midfielder thats been used as a workhorse everyone else has been rotated.  Valot hasnt been a part of the lineups i draw out of our best 11 but in Carnell's Valot is probably there.

https://twitter.com/...6503296/photo/1

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Please please no more Barlow. I would be ok with this:

----royer----jorgensen

----kaku-----valot

----yearwood---CCJ

Duncan--parker--long---egbo

--------meara

Clark off the bench at 60', white off the bench if we need a goal, Davis/stroud if we need to protect a lead.

with J in the line up are you betting against us?????????

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

with J in the line up are you betting against us?????????

If I see Barlow in any more starting lineup I will definitely bet on the blue team

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

---White----

Royer----kaku-----Valot/Stroud

----Davis---CCJ

Duncan--parker--long---Pendant

--------meara

Keep running white out there.  With Kaku back, maybe he can get some decent service.

Its crunch time, so now you have to put best 11 on the field and hope they start gelling.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

---White----

Royer----kaku-----Valot/Stroud

----Davis---CCJ

Duncan--parker--long---Pendant

--------meara

Keep running white out there.  With Kaku back, maybe he can get some decent service.

Its crunch time, so now you have to put best 11 on the field and hope they start gelling.

in my opinion any lineup without Yearwood is not our best 11.  We have a lot of guys that are preference based for best 11 but Kaku, Yearwood, Parker, Long and Duncan are locked in any version of a best 11. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Our defenders have 6 goals this season, our forwards have 5...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

in my opinion any lineup without Yearwood is not our best 11.  We have a lot of guys that are preference based for best 11 but Kaku, Yearwood, Parker, Long and Duncan are locked in any version of a best 11. 

Im surprised Davis pushes Yearwood to the bench, I know hes captain but Yearwood has looked pretty good

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Im surprised Davis pushes Yearwood to the bench, I know hes captain but Yearwood has looked pretty good

It wont happen next season

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

At this point we are passed the gaunlet but the time breakdowns Fishkin posted on twitter are interesting.  Very telling that Duncan played in every game this month and Pendant has as well besides one game.  Wingback is a very demanding position to do that.  Playing once a week should help both of their performances going forward since they will be fresher (though Duncan in particular has still been very good). 

Valot is the only midfielder thats been used as a workhorse everyone else has been rotated.  Valot hasnt been a part of the lineups i draw out of our best 11 but in Carnell's Valot is probably there.

https://twitter.com/...6503296/photo/1

That raises the question of what's up with Egbo?  He seems at a minimum to be a serviceable rotation player at outside back, but he's been locked in the doghouse for awhile now.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Ok.  You can flip a coin on Davis and Yearwood.  I gave edge to Davis because he is the captain, and he seems a bit more setteled on the ball.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Ok.  You can flip a coin on Davis and Yearwood.  I gave edge to Davis because he is the captain, and he seems a bit more setteled on the ball.

Gotta go Yearwood to see how they look

lead from the sidelines!

Its what people at my job do

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

White should start, and CCJ stays planted in front of the back 5, because one weird bounce or missed tackle in YS and suddenly a team is crashing in on goal. Think Yearwood can do more work in the CM spot than Davis, but Davis has more positional discipline than CCJ to play the DM role.

Would be sweet if Meara shuts out "his old team."

----------White----------

Royer---Kaku---Clark

-------Yearwood-------

----------CCJ-----------

Pendant---------Dunan

----Parker-Long--------

--------Meara------------

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hopefully this game doesn't mean anything. Give anyone the game off who's banged up.

Give some players minutes who need it.

Sort of feel like we need a win to stay in 6th and avoid the play in game. I'd say get something close to your first choice team out there.  

EDIT - I know I am contradicting myself from last game.... I guess the fever is making me emotional.  

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Our grip on 6th place is pretty tenuous at this point.  We're one spot ahead of NE; tied on points with 29, but we get the tiebreaker (which isn't GD I guess since they have a better GD).  The bigger problem may be Nashville, who's in 8th place, one point back with 28.  But they have a game in hand.

I'd say put your strongest lineup out there for the next two games to hold onto 6th place.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users