73 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Listen talent is talent... I am glad Kaku scored.. I really didn't get the hate.. No one has hated on other players that were clearly worse.. I don't remember Roy Miller getting bashed and people defend guys that barely seem like they should be starting.... People don't realize it's very different growing up in an academy and getting to the first team that packing up and moving to a different continent with a different culture and different language and having expectations to meet...

I hope the Kaku hate simmers for at least a couple of more hours
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

People who were calling for Meara over Robles a few weeks ago probably dont have a lot to say after the way Luis has played of late.

This board is very pessimistic heck i am too.. But I think the fact that young guys came in maybe injected optimism into the locker room and then when several different players scored guys felt like each one of them can contribute and the sum is greater than the parts might be possible again....

I hope they keep it up... More creative play will be necessary though...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

This board is very pessimistic

That is the general nature of punditry and social media.
Almost everyone thinks that they are an expert.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Listen talent is talent... I am glad Kaku scored.. I really didn't get the hate.. No one has hated on other players that were clearly worse.. I don't remember Roy Miller getting bashed and people defend guys that barely seem like they should be starting.... People don't realize it's very different growing up in an academy and getting to the first team that packing up and moving to a different continent with a different culture and different language and having expectations to meet...

I hope the Kaku hate simmers for at least a couple of more hours

People were/are critical of Kaku because of his poor attitude, way more so than his poor play. I am rooting for him to succeed and once again reach the level he was at the first half of last season, but he deserves criticism when he acts like a child.

You have a very short memory if you dont remember people bashing Roy Miller. He was one of the most polarizing players on this board.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That was a very underwhelming game. Yes you take a point on the road any way you can get it but if FCC wasn't so bad we'd be looking at a 3-0 loss. We were very opportunistic and we have to thank the lucky stars for Robles being so damn good. It's one thing to be impotent offensively but to give up so many good chances to a bad offensive team like Cincy is concerning. 

One thing that is so frustrating is the lack of an ability to generate anything from the wings other than a looped in cross. Lawrence and Murillo are good going forward and pushing the fullbacks up wide every now and then would help stretch apart the defense as opposed to hitting your head against the wall going up the middle every time. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

We could not ask for better results around the East yesterday and today:

Orlando loses to LAG
Atlanta loses to RSL
Montreal loses to LAFC
Boy City draws Chicago
DC draws NE
Philly loses to Portland
Colorado currently up 2-1 on Columbus at the half

Colorado beat Columbus
San Jose beat Toronto

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

that maradona style second goal 

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

1 win, 12 losses, and 8 draws for the other teams in the Eastern Conference over the last two weeks while we've picked up two wins and a draw. Insane.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

1 win, 12 losses, and 8 draws for the other teams in the Eastern Conference over the last two weeks while we've picked up two wins and a draw. Insane.

3rd in the East and tied for the 2nd best goal differential. Pretty crazy to think about with how poorly this season has felt to us all. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Wow! Really puts into perspective how quickly an MLS season can change.

Also, is the West that strong this year?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Wow! Really puts into perspective how quickly an MLS season can change.

Also, is the West that strong this year?

What's curious about the West is that usually strong teams in SKC, Dallas, and Portland have not performed well at all thus far (although Portland is due to them not playing a single home game yet and they've played much better as of late). 

At the end of the day, I see little difference in the quality of the East and the West, other than the outlier of LAFC. I believe it's just small sample size noise. 

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
Since I have stopped posting positive messages in game day threads, we've been doing better. That's the only reason the team has improved.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Since I have stopped posting positive messages in game day threads, we've been doing better. That's the only reason the team has improved.

although this could be viewed as a positive post so please retract

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
Well this game is over so unless MLS decides to dock us points I think we are good.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users