86 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I think Parker would be great in the PL. Hes fast, and physical. Huddersfield could do a lot worse than him at CB.

Id take him in a heartbeat on Newcastle to pair with Lascelles. That being said, I hope he stays right here with us for the foreseeable future.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I really don't understand why anyone hasn't directly asked Parker about his future wishes.  It's confusing.  Have listened and watched interviews and nobody asks the question.  If he sidesteps then fine, but at least ask the question.

He clearly likes this area very much given he's big on family and it's so close to all of them.  I think that definitely gives us a shot.  He knows he's already on the National Team radar so there maybe isn't a huge need to go overseas to get noticed either.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Interesting update for Parker....

https://twitter.com/...789391653253122

League Source: Walker Zimmerman is close to sign a million dollar deal at Beer Sheva in Israel. 3 years. Still negotiating and ironing the details out but deal is very close to happening. #LAFC

A player of similar quality and age is now getting upwards of 333k a year while parker is making less than 100 currently.

I think him coming back is going to come down to the league not us, we would gladly give him a contract but will the league let us use GAM/TAM on a player we already have or is that just for incomings....

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we can use as much GAM as we have, no restrictions on it, it's why it's valued more than TAM, last i recall. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Interesting update for Parker....

https://twitter.com/...789391653253122

League Source: Walker Zimmerman is close to sign a million dollar deal at Beer Sheva in Israel. 3 years. Still negotiating and ironing the details out but deal is very close to happening. #LAFC

A player of similar quality and age is now getting upwards of 333k a year while parker is making less than 100 currently.

I think him coming back is going to come down to the league not us, we would gladly give him a contract but will the league let us use GAM/TAM on a player we already have or is that just for incomings....

The early conversations were that Parker was looking for 400-450K. RBNY have some important decisions to make in the offseason. At some point they will need to sign Long to a new deal as well.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Parker was looking for 400-450K. RBNY have some important decisions to make in the offseason. At some point they will need to sign Long to a new deal as well.

How difficult is it to make cap space to sign them both?
Dump Collins $450K & Rivas $445K.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The early conversations were that Parker was looking for 400-450K. RBNY have some important decisions to make in the offseason. At some point they will need to sign Long to a new deal as well.

That before he had a strong season and got a call-up. Not hard to imagine the asking price going up. Long should definitely get a raise, too.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The early conversations were that Parker was looking for 400-450K. RBNY have some important decisions to make in the offseason. 

Wasn't he asking for a lot more than that? I feel like Vancouver would have paid that.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, thought he was asking for more as well.

I'm hoping we can keep each of those 3 (Long, Parker, and Taxi).  I'm fine with selling Murillo eventually, even though he's great with the ball.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I'm fine with selling Murillo eventually, even though he's great with the ball.

I prefer to see him stay, along with the others. He may have the biggest upside of any of our young defenders.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Whether they can keep The Back Four together through the off season may depend on how the next few weeks go.

If we win in a shutout on Sunday, and Murillo has another assist like last game v FauxMetro, some inquiries may be made.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Whether they can keep The Back Four together through the off season may depend on how the next few weeks go.

If we win in a shutout on Sunday, and Murillo has another assist like last game v FauxMetro, some inquiries may be made.

He also has defensive lapses, costing us the 3rd goal against DCU for example. If someone could get into his head and get him to take his defensive responsibilities as serious as his love for going forward he would be gone in a heartbeat. It's not a lack of talent, he just loses interest in playing D sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users