231 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Until i saw he was a winger i thought this was a pretty promising lead.  Sead Haksabanovic 21 years old, was at West Ham for a bit so he has the English connection of most of our guys.  Don't see him fitting with any RB team's recruiting policy besides us or Salzburg.

link

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Until i saw he was a winger i thought this was a pretty promising lead.  Sead Haksabanovic 21 years old, was at West Ham for a bit so he has the English connection of most of our guys.  Don't see him fitting with any RB team's recruiting policy besides us or Salzburg.

link

SEems to be something to it.

https://www.onceamet...-red-bull-group

Get the idea that they may see him as an attacking midfielder.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

imo, however, I think he's a RBS*lzb*rg target.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

imo, however, I think he's a RBS*lzb*rg target.

Seems to have the cache to be the case. They sold Szoboslzai, but signed Aaronson as a replacement. Maybe they dont expect him to have an immediate impact and are signing this guy as a more direct impact replacement.

The fact that hes a former West Ham player gives RBNY a little higher chance

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Seems to have the cache to be the case. They sold Szoboslzai, but signed Aaronson as a replacement. Maybe they dont expect him to have an immediate impact and are signing this guy as a more direct impact replacement.

The fact that hes a former West Ham player gives RBNY a little higher chance

Yeah - I don't think NY is out of the question. He currently wears #99 - I choose to believe he's a big BWP fan and wants to emulate his idol's rebirth in the US. 

I'm liking this stream of rumors by the way... 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Could be bound for RBBr*g*nt*n* instead. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Once a Metro article on the rumor

Linked to some Red Bull club, seems a good fit for us. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Once a Metro article on the rumor

Linked to some Red Bull club, seems a good fit for us. 

Saw in another article that Norrkoping believe they can get 20-25 million Swedish krone for Haksabanovic, which is ~$2.5-$3 million US.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

That's less than what DC paid for Edson Flores. Remember Edson Flores played in Scandinavia as well a couple of yrs ago. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

That's less than what DC paid for Edson Flores. Remember Edson Flores played in Scandinavia as well a couple of yrs ago. 

Its a little strange because they just bought him in June after the loan from West Ham expired for a reported $2.86 million.

Coronavirus financial impacts + Haksabanovic wanting to leave probably capping the number.

The other slightly sad reason I think it might be for RBNY is that the Red Bull team that is trying to purchase him has reportedly made multiple offers already.

This team has a track record of trying to lowball other teams valuations of their players.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Its a little strange because they just bought him in June after the loan from West Ham expired for a reported $2.86 million.

Coronavirus financial impacts + Haksabanovic wanting to leave probably capping the number.

The other slightly sad reason I think it might be for RBNY is that the Red Bull team that is trying to purchase him has reportedly made multiple offers already.

This team has a track record of trying to lowball other teams valuations of their players.

yeah we cant under estimate the impact COVID has had on transfer prices for non premium players/leagues.  Being able to get off of their most expensive transfer ever at a solid valuation should help a ton.  hopefully this crosses the finishline

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I also think other teams think RBNY has deep pockets as they are part of RB global - what's an extra $500k to an org that just sold Haaland?  Makes negotiations a bit tougher I'd think. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Trying to figure out who this is but we have our first Swedish account saying that Sead offer was from us.

https://twitter.com/...147180176527363

best part is a Swedish person in the comments per google translation said "NY are not directly known for putting large transfer sums, are they? Why would Norrköping want to sell?"  Everyone knows we've been cheap lol.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Trying to figure out who this is but we have our first Swedish account saying that Sead offer was from us.

https://twitter.com/...147180176527363

best part is a Swedish person in the comments per google translation said "NY are not directly known for putting large transfer sums, are they? Why would Norrköping want to sell?"  Everyone knows we've been cheap lol.

Just to overly analyze this random tweet - Why would Norrkoping want to sell is a great question as Nottkoping just acquired ... perhaps question is best answered if Sead is pushing for it.  His thought could be, start and kill it for 3 years in MLS and I have a legitimate shot for Champions League soccer....    Just playfully speculating in an effort to temporarily forget the shit from yesterday. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users