49 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't disagree with the team commitment premise, but "we win the cup easy" there makes me wince preemptively.

I'm not saying we're going to win the cup this year.  We won't.  The defense/team isn't going to play like that for the entire cup run.

Because Metro.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

His contract expires in like 3 months. Even by the most cynical standards, he has every reason to care. Aren't you the same dude who talked shit to Ali Curtis in front of his kid? 

Nope, that was me. Years later, I only partially regret it.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,763 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

for the guy who called me out for calling out Curtis in front of his kid. Yes, I publicly apologized for that comment at a town hall event while looking into Curtis' eyes. It was wrong of me to do that in front of his kids.

You & Bill are not the only two who did this.
Just not in front of his kid.
AFAIK, he is not missed.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Tim Parker single-handedly fixed the central defensive issues that have plagued this team ever since Miazga left.  He had his worst game of the season yesterday on the heels of a couple bad games.  But we have the best defense in the league, do you really think we have that with Collin or Escobar?

i agree with you 100%!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Who started this thread Roy Miller?!?!

Tim Parker fixed this defense... It was clearly obvious that he was the best defender in the beginning of the season for NYRB and possibly the whole league. It has rubbed of on Aaron Long and Long has been better in the pasts months.. Taxi has always been Taxi and Murillo has been better than last year but without Parker New York would have losts leads that turned into ties and ties that turned into losses just like last season
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users