103 replies to this topic

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Good. Still need him to sign my Jamaica jersey.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

need him to sign my Jamaica jersey.

Meet him halfway. Buy one! 😁

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Everton, Barca

Thanks, Grandma!

https://theathletic....140/2018/09/26/

Copy and paste the article on here, please?  I'm not able to read past paragraph 2 without a subscription.

#REDBULLOUT

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Copy and paste the article on here, please?  I'm not able to read past paragraph 2 without a subscription.

Don't know if I can copy and paste because there are some rules against that, but basically Taxi didn't intend on taking the trial because he was frustrated he needed to do it.  He was playing a bunch with Jamaica and thought people should have known what he can do.  Basically his grandmother demanded that he go.

Taxi then said that Marsch knew what he can do, it's just that Jesse wanted to see him around the team to make sure he had a good attitude and everything.

Getting him was clearly one of the best things Marsch did for this team.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,557 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I think I've seen enough to make this claim - Lawrence is the best open field tackler in MLS history. I thought it was Jamison Olave for awhile, but I think Lawrence deserves it.

Its not just his speed, the timing and strength of his tackles are perfect every single time. He comes in at angles that are red cards waiting to happen for almost anyone else, but he's so good that it doesn't matter, you know he's going to win it cleanly.

He had another two against Atlanta that were perfect examples.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think I've seen enough to make this claim - Lawrence is the best open field tackler in MLS history. I thought it was Jamison Olave for awhile, but I think Lawrence deserves it.

Its not just his speed, the timing and strength of his tackles are perfect every single time. He comes in at angles that are red cards waiting to happen for almost anyone else, but he's so good that it doesn't matter, you know he's going to win it cleanly.

He had another two against Atlanta that were perfect examples.

He's a great player. Probably the most underrated across the league and that's saying something. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Love Kemar to bits but man it seems like he goes down with a knock in every game and I immediately jump up and gasp "oh no!" Nothing to fear though, this is a player who gives it his all every game so this is to be expected but he gets me every time! 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,381 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He's a great player. Probably the most underrated across the league and that's saying something. 

The guy has made the All Star team, so "most under rated" is a stretch.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Love Kemar to bits but man it seems like he goes down with a knock in every game and I immediately jump up and gasp "oh no!" Nothing to fear though, this is a player who gives it his all every game so this is to be expected but he gets me every time! 

Yes, very much so.  I've just chalked it up now to him being one of those players.   And no problem with it either as long as he keeps getting up.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,061 posts

The guy has made the All Star team, so "most under rated" is a stretch.  

Nope... Not Kemar. Long and Murillo this year.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Pretty crazy when you think about it. But IIRC there were hardly any outside backs on the MLS All-Star team - Graham Zusi and Murillo maybe?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts

Pretty crazy when you think about it. But IIRC there were hardly any outside backs on the MLS All-Star team - Graham Zusi and Murillo maybe?

Murillo making it over Lawrence was terrible to begin with. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,381 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

not this year, but he has been on it.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,281 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He's Jamaica's Cap'n. I have no idea why ppl around the league sound surprised when he does something that we see EVERY GAME from him essentially. On telecasts, it's like the booth have never seen our guys play before. Fuckin' A. 

Used it to their advantage and drive them to the Shield and Cup. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,557 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's Jamaica's Cap'n. I have no idea why ppl around the league sound surprised when he does something that we see EVERY GAME from him essentially. On telecasts, it's like the booth have never seen our guys play before. Fuckin' A. 

Used it to their advantage and drive them to the Shield and Cup. 

Not even broadcasters, other coaches still somehow seem oblivious to the guy's talent. I can't remember if it was DC or NYCFC this year, but one of them very obviously came into the game with the plan of trying to play in balls behind Lawrence. Needless to say, that worked out in our favor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users