651 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

At one point in the second half, an Indy defender ran back to clear a ball over the far side touch line for a throw-in, instead of a corner, then stumbled over the end line and splatted himself in the tunnel entrance.

Im 90% that was our boy Oiuemette

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

DeMarcus. Lamont. Beasley.

Landon. Timothy. Donovan.

And finally...

Christian. Mate. Pulisic.

Mines either has it or he doesnt. Weight is an afterthought. It means nothing.

They all have/had phenomenal core strength and a low center of gravity. See also: Messi and Hazard.

Marco Reus is the best example off-hand of a lanky winger, but even he comes in around 165-170. That's a lot of muscle on a 5'11" frame.

Mines just seems willowy. That's what I meant.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Im 90% that was our boy Oiuemette

The line-up & formation indicate 100%!
Wiki still shows RB photo.
https://en.m.wikiped...i/Karl_Ouimette

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Hopefully ben can get his act together to be part of the usmnt youth teams. He has the talent and hustle. Just needs to stay healthy.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Mostly good results for us this weekend, with Indy Eleven, Nashville and Ottawa losing. Pittsburgh, Louisville and North Carolina all having draws. Tampa Bay the only top 8 team with a win.

Updated Standings (after 9/8 matches)
Eastern Conference
1-NYRBII: 53pts, 7gms remaining
2-Tampa Bay: 52pts, 7gms remaining
3-Nashville: 51pts, 6gms remaining
4-Indy Eleven: 50pts, 9gms remaining
5-Pittsburgh: 48pts, 8gms remaining
6-North Carolina: 47pts, 6gms remaining
7-Louisville: 44pts, 7gms remaining
8-Ottawa: 39pts, 8gms remaining

Birmingham, St. Louis, and Charleston all still in the hunt.

We are guaranteed to finish above Swope Park Rangers, Memphis 901, Hartford Athletic, Atlanta United 2, Bethlehem Steel, Charlotte Independence, and Loudoun United.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Not strictly team related, but does anyone know what kind of refreshments are for sale at MSU Soccer Park?  I'm going to see RBII for the first time on Friday and will be taking my four-year old son, who gets more excited by concessions than he does by the game.  Just wondering if I need to plan ahead and bring some snacks of my own.  Thanks in advance for any replies!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,108 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not strictly team related, but does anyone know what kind of refreshments are for sale at MSU Soccer Park?  I'm going to see RBII for the first time on Friday and will be taking my four-year old son, who gets more excited by concessions than he does by the game.  Just wondering if I need to plan ahead and bring some snacks of my own.  Thanks in advance for any replies!

bags of chips, candy, beer, soda, and dollar hot dogs

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

bags of chips, candy, beer, soda, and dollar hot dogs

Thanks!!!

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts
Took my 3yr old to a few games this year. They had no problems with a few of my sons favorite snacks and drinks in a bag.

My little guy is usually is dozing out by the 65th minute for the later games so we head behind the goals near the parking garage, as its typically quiet over there. Just remember that the main stands are right on top of the field. I've had to block a few balls from him that are kicked out of play.

Flying solo this Friday since I'm heading there right from work.

Usually some players from the first team hanging around and any guys from the USL not in the 18 usually sit on the top row and are approachable for quick pictures and hellos. Hamlett, CJ Brown, and MdG are there more often than not as well. (Side note: early in the season, someone asked MdG if he was going to tarp off the bleachers near the parking garage, which was met with some laughs).

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts
Indy Eleven picked up a 2-0 win over Ottawa Fury tonight. They move into a tie with us on points with 53, if just for a couple nights. They have one game in hand (will be 2 after our match on Friday, but they play again on Saturday). Tied up on wins but we hold a 12 goal lead on goal differential, and have scored 25 more goals.

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

early in the season, someone asked MdG if he was going to tarp off the bleachers near the parking garage

Awesome! 😂

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

(Side note: early in the season, someone asked MdG if he was going to tarp of the bleachers near the parking garage, which was met with some laughs).

LOL

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't know where else to put this, but on Seeing Red this week, Barlow said that he was told to pick a number above 55 when he got a first team contract.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Took my 3yr old to a few games this year. They had no problems with a few of my sons favorite snacks and drinks in a bag.

My little guy is usually is dozing out by the 65th minute for the later games so we head behind the goals near the parking garage, as its typically quiet over there. Just remember that the main stands are right on top of the field. I've had to block a few balls from him that are kicked out of play.

Flying solo this Friday since I'm heading there right from work.

Usually some players from the first team hanging around and any guys from the USL not in the 18 usually sit on the top row and are approachable for quick pictures and hellos. Hamlett, CJ Brown, and MdG are there more often than not as well. (Side note: early in the season, someone asked MdG if he was going to tarp of the bleachers near the parking garage, which was met with some laughs).

Thanks for the tips. And thats hilarious about de Grandpre

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Taking advantage of the free member tickets and a favorable train schedule tonight to make my first trip out to Montclair. Anyone know if they still have the red jerseys for sale and how much they go for?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users