204 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

We need real players like Atlanta and LA teams, as well as Philly get.  Enough with all these young hopefuls from outside the US

Its fine to build a team of young hopefuls but they have to be able to play at the MLS level.

If rbny is building from within, then the development structure failed them.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

we paid what, $1 million for him?

What was Red Bull thinking? You know that they have better scouts and talent evaluators that are paid big money to not whiff this bad. Its mind boggling.

It was Tam/gam league money. If he failed, then Zero out of pocket obligation for ownership...if he pans out then off to RBS/RBL he goes.

RBNY meanwhile took a massive salary cap hit to facilitate the plan. Sinister aint it?

5 year plan

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It was Tam/gam league money. If he failed, then Zero out of pocket obligation for ownership...if he pans out then off to RBS/RBL he goes.

RBNY meanwhile took a massive salary cap hit to facilitate the plan. Sinister aint it?

TAM was used to pay down his salary, but Red Bulls spent a $2.5M transfer fee on him.

Taxi4Taxi

Taxi4Taxi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Arsenal

Fun fact, for a little over $5 million, Red Bull Salzburg got Erling Haaland from Molde. Haaland is 19 and has scored 18 goals in 12 games this year, including 4 in the Champions League. But yea, we got Jorgs!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Fun fact, for a little over $5 million, Red Bull Salzburg got Erling Haaland from Molde. Haaland is 19 and has scored 18 goals in 12 games this year, including 4 in the Champions League. But yea, we got Jorgs!

so less than they spent on Kaku...   way easier to sign players, at any price,  when you're in the Champions League

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There's no way to classify this transfer right now except a total disaster, but if an academy kid we signed for free had scored 10 goals in 19 appearances for RBNYII then we'd be fairly excited about it. I'm going to give him another six months before I throw in the towel on him.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

but if an academy kid we signed for free had scored 10 goals in 19 appearances for RBNYII then we'd be fairly excited about it.

He was far from free though.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

There's no way to classify this transfer right now except a total disaster, but if an academy kid we signed for free had scored 10 goals in 19 appearances for RBNYII then we'd be fairly excited about it. I'm going to give him another six months before I throw in the towel on him.

we could have taken the transfer fee and bought far and away The best USL squad of all time. Now that would have been money well spent!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He was far from free though.

I know, which is why I said that the transfer is a fucking disaster. If we could go back in time and reverse it of course we would.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Article/interview with Jørgensen from a few weeks ago...rough translation of the last part..

https://mobil.bold.d...it-foerste-aar/

From the coaches of the New York Red Bulls, words of encouragement have been heard, says Jørgensen.

- They have indicated that I will start on par with the others next season. They have said I should probably get my chance next season, and I have no doubt that I should get enough. But there's also no doubt that I don't want to play any more matches on the second team there.

- It's been good the first year, but there shouldn't be many more of them. I told them that.

- It's not as smart as a player to put a claim on their heads, but they have been understanding that it has been disappointing to me. But they say they are happy with my development and look forward to next year, where they think I can become an important factor

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Article/interview with Jørgensen from a few weeks ago...rough translation of the last part..

https://mobil.bold.d...it-foerste-aar/

From the coaches of the New York Red Bulls, words of encouragement have been heard, says Jørgensen.

- They have indicated that I will start on par with the others next season. They have said I should probably get my chance next season, and I have no doubt that I should get enough. But there's also no doubt that I don't want to play any more matches on the second team there.

- It's been good the first year, but there shouldn't be many more of them. I told them that.

- It's not as smart as a player to put a claim on their heads, but they have been understanding that it has been disappointing to me. But they say they are happy with my development and look forward to next year, where they think I can become an important factor

"important factor" only because the FO has not gone out of their way to get any REAL IMPORTANT FACTORS!! 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Lol they're lying to his face.

White is the starter unless we splash the cash and Barlow is 2.

He will get some chances but he has to score or make plays which he never does the time he will get or it's another year of RB2 for him.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
He could get some opportunities if they move to a 2 striker formation.

The funnier thing to me was the insistence that he didnt want to play (m)any more matches for the 2s.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Lol they're lying to his face.

White is the starter unless we splash the cash and Barlow is 2.

He will get some chances but he has to score or make plays which he never does the time he will get or it's another year of RB2 for him.

He'll certainly get chances courtesy of his price tag if nothing else. What he'll do with them is a different question.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

He could get some opportunities if they move to a 2 striker formation.

The funnier thing to me was the insistence that he didnt want to play (m)any more matches for the 2s.

I know. The gall to suck it up and then demand first team minutes.

Its not like he's contributing anything anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users