145 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Remember when people were lauding Marsch as a better coach than Mike?  At least Mike showed flexibility in his formations and wasn't afraid to bench people.  This guy is being exposed on the regular and has shown a rigidity that will ultimately be his downfall.

#RedBullOut

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Is there any reason not to fire Marsch immediately?

He has proven twice not to be able to get over the hump in the playoffs. He fought with Ali over the offseason and deprived the club of signings. The 4-2-2-2 formation bombed and he is back to the old mainstay 4-2-3-1 which doesn't work. Then this UEFA license shenanigans which proves he has one foot out the door.

Marsch is good with the fans and press but we have seen everything he can give and it's unlikely he gives us an MLS Cup. We will be lucky to make the wildcard game and win it this year.

Thanks for the shields but you gotta go. It's clear how this is going to end and it would be in the club's best interest to cut ties and start rebuilding already with a hope of some random run in the playoffs.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

If Marsch does leave does Woly or Armas take over?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Likely Armas
Dom Kinnear is available. Replaced in San Jose by former Metro Chris Leitch.

Petke, Vermes, Robinson, and now Leitch. Plus about a dozen others in asst. coach roles or in the USL/NASL. (Woly, Hendrickson, Gio, etc...) Then Ramos, DVDB, Namazi, Williams, Sorber, K Arena with US Nats.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

I'm honestly not sure how one can blame Marsch when he's apparently operating with one hand tied behind his back. RB has made it difficult to acquire better players and I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Jesse looks like he has one foot out the door is because he's fed up.

Look, if there are specific tactical issues with his coaching (and I can see from various posts there are) OR if you want to blame him for picking the wrong talent with the meager resources he's given then maybe, but really, I think he's just trying to abandon a sinking ship in the most composed manner possible.

"I have been offered a lot for my work....but never everything." - Chris Adams

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I do not think the problem is Marsch.  The problem is the team has not added a truly top quality player in 3 years.  I am sure Marsch is not the reason for this because no coach on Earth has ever said "I do not want better players."  You could dump Marsch, but there is absolutely no reason to believe anyone else would do any better.  You could bring in Antonio Conte or Zinedine Zidane and the team would still have a ton of below average MLS players.    The team has got to bring in at least three clear starting quality players regardless of who the coach is.  If Red Bull does not want to do that all we can do is hope and pray that they one day sell the team.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Marsch trading Dax might not have killed the season. Marsch treating the team captain like worthless expendable trash might have. Would you fight and invest 100% for this arrogant prick?

One trick company man with one foot out the door.

The real problem is red bull though.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Hopefully Woly, but we all know that ChiCAGON Fire p.o.s. Armas will take over....

Realistically, we should go after Gio Savarese, but RB already fucked him once, and if I was him, I wouldn't want to be part of RB...

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

I do not think the problem is Marsch.  The problem is the team has not added a truly top quality player in 3 years.

Yep End of discussion

5 year plan

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

https://www.newyorkr...ise-wins-record

New York Red Bulls head coach Jesse Marsch set a new franchise record for MLS wins with the Red Bulls’ victory in New England, the 42nd MLS win of his Red Bulls career.

Humbled by the new record, Marsch expressed his gratitude to the club and Red Bulls fans for their support.

“More than anything, I want to take the opportunity to thank the club,” Marsch said. “The belief that people in this club have had for me and the support I've had, you know, has been incredible.”

I guess he doesn't read these boards...  :ph34r:

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

These summer signings are make or break for him. Wonder how the wider fanbase will feel if Red Bull cheaps out again while other teams keep making moves.

3 impact signings or go fuck yaselves RBFOJM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users