332 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

im hoping he doesnt have some issue from his past, Luke Rodgers style.  But who knows, hopefully someone asks the team in a press conference.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

im hoping he doesnt have some issue from his past, Luke Rodgers style.  But who knows, hopefully someone asks the team in a press conference.

That or Covid is the only explanation I can think of for the delay. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Reading about the French kid Cabral that the Galaxy just bought, the signing was obviously in the works for a while but was only made official today.  It was reported that Cabral would be joining the Galaxy in Tucson, where the team has been playing this week.  Meaning that the player would be joining the team within a day or two of when he signed.

Is it just me, or is RBNY the only team where it consistently takes weeks if not months to physically bring a guy here from Europe?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That or Covid is the only explanation  excuse I can think of for the delay. 

ftfy

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

French kid Cabral ... joining the Galaxy in Tucson

Coming via Mexico?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

...as a USMNT fan, I think its sweet we we are going to have Clark, Harper, Duncan, and Long playing potentially as starters together. The only reason Clark and Harper came here (and they aren't secretive about it) is the pathway to Europe. With RB its "Metro makes and the Nats take" and I love that.

Motherfucking THIS.

A USYNT FACTORY. KEEP CHURNIN' EM OUT. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Additionally, as a USMNT fan, I think its sweet we we are going to have Clark, Harper, Duncan, and Long playing potentially as starters together. The only reason Clark and Harper came here (and they aren't secretive about it) is the pathway to Europe. With RB its "Metro makes and the Nats take" and I love that. As a further tangent, if a portion of this group do make the move to Europe, I bet the floodgates open for young foreign and domestic players to push for a move to RB. You see it with Haksa's comments, Harper's move, Clark's move ...     

Add Frankie Amaya to that list!

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Starting to feel better given the quantity of new players. Not sure about their quality.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The press better be turned up to 11 this year with so many young players to rotate through.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Candidly this has been one of the best offseasons in team history.

Adds: Coronel, Gutman, Reyes, Edwards, Diarra, Amaya, Harper, Fabio... Assuming the Klimaka deal happens (I hear it will), that's nine new players into the fold and all nine should play at least fairly regularly. 

That's a major talent overhaul and the team remains young. Amaya is the real surprise and could really turn into something for us.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Real Madrid

Real Madrid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Supports:Metros and Real Madrid
Is there a way we can trade some of our many midfielders for a star FW? Any team in MLS Im need of CM and extra quality FW?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Candidly this has been one of the best offseasons in team history.

Adds: Coronel, Gutman, Reyes, Edwards, Diarra, Amaya, Harper, Fabio... Assuming the Klimaka deal happens (I hear it will), that's nine new players into the fold and all nine should play at least fairly regularly. 

That's a major talent overhaul and the team remains young. Amaya is the real surprise and could really turn into something for us.

Not sure i would consider this one of the best offseasons ever. Alot of these guys are projects and we have to see how they fit into the team. I am not knocking any of the incoming talent but I am not rolling out a red carpet for them.

I wouldnt be surprised if we have a lot of rotations. hopefully rbny's press turns the rest of the league into paninis.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The details re the MLS U22 thing has been released. Got a headache trying to read through all that legalese.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

The details re the MLS U22 thing has been released. Got a headache trying to read through all that legalese.

That's why Hamlett gets paid the big bucks!

hamlett_draft.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

That's why Hamlett gets paid the big bucks!

hamlett_draft.jpg

"Wait... this isn't related to bono OR the Edge?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users