532 replies to this topic

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

You have to take into consideration that some young South American players under 27 would only want to play in BRA ARG and LigaMX. Most WCQ teams in South American have domestic based, ARG BRA and LigaMX based players, with only a couple of teams having more than 1-2 MLS based guys. 

MLS has to keep on improving in order to entice those players from South America to come here rather than LigaMX/ARG/BRA before they get to Europe. 

And that is MLS teams are paying a premium in transfer fees and salaries to get those players. Those big money moves that have some people drooling are inflated

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

You have to take into consideration that some young South American players under 27 would only want to play in BRA ARG and LigaMX. Most WCQ teams in South American have domestic based, ARG BRA and LigaMX based players, with only a couple of teams having more than 1-2 MLS based guys. 

MLS has to keep on improving in order to entice those players from South America to come here rather than LigaMX/ARG/BRA before they get to Europe. 

Roa is not that young anymore, he's 29yo. He'd rather get a GAM or TAM deal with a MLS club than make 150 k in Argentina or Colombia
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

mariano diaz, 28,  was just let go by Real Madrid. he would have been a nice pick up. he is going to Fenerbahce  for free  but his wage will be 4 million per year.  he is technically one of CONCACAF's best players but refuses to play for Dominican Republic. he has been holding out to be capped for Spain. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

mariano diaz, 28,  was just let go by Real Madrid. he would have been a nice pick up. he is going to Fenerbahce  for free  but his wage will be 4 million per year.  he is technically one of CONCACAF's best players but refuses to play for Dominican Republic. he has been holding out to be capped for Spain. 

man he sounds like a more recent version of me Peguy.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Supports:Metro

In an effort to accelerate signings, let me begin the chorus of "crickets....crickets...."

Also, Matthew Hoppe 2021 Season Highlights | Schalke - YouTube. I could see his style fitting in with Stuber's game plan. Maybe not the "Luqs tall brother" we were hoping for, but could work. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I hope rbny is paying attention to the u20 world cup. There are a few guys that would be great signings for rb2. I cant imagine a soccer club in Guatemala, DR or Jamaica outbidding rb2.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I hope rbny is paying attention to the u20 world cup. There are a few guys that would be great signings for rb2. I cant imagine a soccer club in Guatemala, DR or Jamaica outbidding rb2.

Jorge Moreno is the talk of the town right now. Has saved like 6 of 12 penalties faced in the last two games for Guatemala. He turns 18 in December, and is currently in the youth setup at Comunicaciones.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Baldomero Perlaza is a free agent July 1st....

Great box to box mid that has ability to score and create a scoring chance and has a great range and motor,has some pace and at 6'2" is very physical
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users