49 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

MLS's roster age now lists Yearwood, but does not list him as international. Weird.

Really wish the information was more accurate. Team press release announced he would occupy an international spot

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

we need someone in the press to ask Thelwell about the international slot situation next time there is a press conference.  Part of me now things this was for Tetteh which is still worth it but not as exciting for the roster as a whole.   

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

we need someone in the press to ask Thelwell about the international slot situation next time there is a press conference.  Part of me now things this was for Tetteh which is still worth it but not as exciting for the roster as a whole.   

Thats fine. Then cut another international or get someone a green card.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Do they part with Rza now or at the end of the yr?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Do they part with Rza now or at the end of the yr?

End of year

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

I hope they don't sit on that open int'l slot. 

If that's the official list there are 3 roster spots open, all of them in 1-20 category/senior roster. McIntosh and Duncan are both in the 21-30 category.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I hope they don't sit on that open int'l slot. 

If that's the official list there are 3 roster spots open, all of them in 1-20 category/senior roster. McIntosh and Duncan are both in the 21-30 category.

in some ways i would be stunned if they did because whether you fill it or not spots 1-18 on senior roster count for at least the senior minimum for cap hit.  So there is no practical reason to leave the slot open.  But its RBNY. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Agreed. I highly doubt they would sit on the spot. There are other assets they could have gotten instead, but with that intl spot, they intend to use it.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether all spots are currently being used. Like, is there any chance that spot was for Tetteh?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

IIRC, we still have one extra, and that's after including the Tetteh and Yearwood acquisitions. They better NOT sit on that extra int'l slot and leave those 3 open senior roster spots vacant. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Agreed. I highly doubt they would sit on the spot. There are other assets they could have gotten instead, but with that intl spot, they intend to use it.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether all spots are currently being used. Like, is there any chance that spot was for Tetteh?

If the MLS roster page is right (and it's not always right), we have 9 roster spots filled. But we have 10 total slots (base 8 + lifetime trade from Houston* + Nashville).

*Unless, somehow, this trade expired 11 years after it was made. (It probably did not; Houston just acquired an international player from the Revs and got a slot as well -- their necessary 8th.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The only discrepancy comes back to Casseres. Usually the team announces when someone gets a GC, they did for Valot last year

https://www.newyorkr...s-us-green-card

No such announcement for CCJ although hes no longer listed as an international on the MLS roster page.

Either way, going to need some GCs or have to let go of some international guys after this season, the domestic talent they have isnt going to cut it

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

The only discrepancy comes back to Casseres. Usually the team announces when someone gets a GC, they did for Valot last year

https://www.newyorkr...s-us-green-card

No such announcement for CCJ although hes no longer listed as an international on the MLS roster page.

Either way, going to need some GCs or have to let go of some international guys after this season, the domestic talent they have isnt going to cut it

They corrected Yearwood within a week, but Casseres has been listed as non-international for a while.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

And now some more confirmation.

·
3m Cristian Casseres has received his green card so he will not count as an international slot for #RBNY

MLS2020_RBNY.png

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

MLS updated the roster, confirming:

International Players (9 of 10 slots filled)

https://www.mlssocce...-york-red-bulls

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Well, you'd hope that we didn't get it for nothing.  Hopefully Thelwell reasons that any signing we make should be an offensive type of signing.  We clearly can do pretty well at preventing goals.

Hopefully we are done with this mindset that a collection of guys with similar ability thing.  Depth is nice, but you only get so many starters and they actually have to be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users