metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Mauttaus was the man... big fan of his.

This puzzles me.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

SCNewJersey

SCNewJersey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic, Madrid
figured i'd resurect this thread... is this legit? i've never seen our kits with gold lettering before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting
xGSSx

"All the fucking 'experts' in America, everybody who thinks they know about soccer, they can all look at the score tonight and let's see what they have to say now. Nobody has any respect for what we do, for what goes on on the inside, so let them all talk now." ~Michael Bradley

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

figured i'd resurect this thread... is this legit? i've never seen our kits with gold lettering before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

Not legit.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SCNewJersey

SCNewJersey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic, Madrid

Not legit.

thanks. :cheers:
xGSSx

"All the fucking 'experts' in America, everybody who thinks they know about soccer, they can all look at the score tonight and let's see what they have to say now. Nobody has any respect for what we do, for what goes on on the inside, so let them all talk now." ~Michael Bradley

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham
yeah that jersey pops up from time to time...guy can't unload it i guess.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
I don't know if this is authentic or not, but I would so snag this 1990 Tabare jersey if there was any way in hell that I could fit into a size small.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
1996 Playoff Home Game #2 ticket ... ahhhh, I remember that game well. ;)

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
Sooo..... what are the chances that this is authentic? :unsure:

Posted Image

jrzgirl

jrzgirl

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Supports:Metro/Red Bull New Jersey

Posted Image

Who is "sports memorabilia planet"? If there was a COA from MLS, I'd be convinced. I could make one of those on my computer.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Again... same bullshit. In THEORY, it could be a 1999 shirt which Lothar was presented in his signing, such as in this photo, BUT...

Posted Image

1. It has FUJIFILM on it; FUJIFILM stopped being a sponsor in 1998.
2. The official player shirts had the name plate (see above photo).
3. The "1" in the "10" is a different font.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
i meant to post this up before. it's over, and wow at the price.

there was another for way cheaper being sold from jolly ol' the other day. if i knew that'd go for so much, i would have bought it and resold it.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
BUMP

THIS ITEM IS AN OFFICIAL 'MLS' MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER FOOTBALL / SOCCER SHIRT REPRESENTING THE 'NEW YORK' BASED TEAM - THE 'METROSTARS'.

Posted Image

Yeah, right. :)+

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
what about the lothar jersey up there now? i forgot the price and i'm too lazy to look it up right now, it was either $100 or $200.

the seller had about 15 jerseys, and if you looked at the s/h, it was $18 for 1 shirt, $30 for or $40 for 3...USPS priority mail. what are the shirts made of fucking lead it that costs $30 for 2? i know the guy's trying to scam a couple extra bucks out of people, but that's ridiculous.
{GSS}
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders
Almost $500 bones for this.... seriously ?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...alenotsupported

On another note... you got 24 hours to bid on a very sexy Nike Metro kit that's up for auction.... I'd overpay on it.

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

Almost $500 bones for this.... seriously ?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...alenotsupported

On another note... you got 24 hours to bid on a very sexy Nike Metro kit that's up for auction.... I'd overpay on it.

And.... That's another charge for an unsold product.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users