10 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Let the kid have fun. Hes awkward enough as is.

That's autism. It seems fairly obvious, too. Wish the family shared that and brought awareness/empathy to people that are readily misunderstood. 

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

That's autism. It seems fairly obvious, too.

Who are you, to make such an observation?
https://www.salon.co...on-trump-alone/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I don't like how the label "autistic" is Generation Y's way of dehumanizing people. That's how they label anybody they don't like to try and silence them. It's like how the word "faggot" was used by Generation X back in the day. It's awful. I thought Barron Trump joining the DC Scum organization was funny and ironic, but other than a little light kidding around, people should just leave the kid alone.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

In general, we dehumanize people/kids who are not seen as neurotypical ("crazy" "psycho" "headcase" "throw em in the loony bin").

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

In general, we dehumanize people/kids who are not seen as neurotypical

Who is WE?
YOU are the one who made a false statement.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Because mentioning something means I am automatically mocking / dehumanizing. Check the context: Someone called Barron awkward, so I said what I think is going on there. My take could be wrong but there was no mockery in it.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Someone called Barron awkward, so I said what I think is going on there.

We have now come full circle.
Where do you get off, calling somebody's kid autistic?

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
I'm sorry, is that an insult, prosecutor? I wasn't aware it was. It's a value-neutral word to me, like tall or short. Recognizing difference is not mocking it.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I'm sorry

Doubtful.

is that an insult, prosecutor?

Yes. Especially when there is no actual empirical evidence to support the assertion.

It's a value-neutral word to me, like tall or short.

Only when accurately applied. Calling a tall person short, or a short person tall, is not value neutral. Neither is an unqualified diagnosis by someone without the training or experience to make such a Dx, or without a testing and observational basis to support it.

Recognizing difference is not mocking it.

It is, when there is no basis for making the claim. Or stating that it obvious.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
I've known enough kids of Barron's age on the spectrum to recognize some things in his demeanor. If he's not, he's not. But if he was more neurotypical you don't think his schlocky dad wouldn't hesitate to use him as a campaign prop to seem more regular folksy? He'd be in interviews, features, the future king. DT certainly puts the kids he's proud of, and advance his brand well, on display. The advanced age of both parents is a significant risk factor, and trumps made comments about too many needles and vaccinations being given at birth (a guessed at cause of autism). There are other indicators. You disagree, and/or don't think I should say that, fine.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Bullshit. You said he is autistic, and that it is obvious.
Knowing someone with autism is no basis for an uneducated diagnosis based on your subjective perception of brief videos. You may as well diagnose him with cancer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users